Natural cures for anxiety

Discussion in 'General' started by BackdoorAlex, Apr 24, 2012.

1. #1 BackdoorAlex, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    Edited because I realized even over the counter vitamins is still breaking the rules

2. I think overall happiness cures anxiety, I know this because I have anxiety sometimes. Once I changed my diet as well I became way less anxious. Be healthy, eat the right foods, exercise..take your mind off the bullshit, be less anxious...that is my experience anyways (does it cure it, no...does it help a lot, most definitely).

3. Bud, you need to calm down get on your knees take a few relaxing deep breaths, meditate or pray(or both) center yourself/commit yourself. Then get up and face the day/whatever. Smoke some weed...cut out all the caffeine, alot of sugar out of your diet and all other (perscription mainly, but illicit aswell if not natural) drugs.

4. Meh, I'm an overall very happy and content person and I still experience a hell of a lot of anxiety.

A healthy diet can definitely help, though.

Some of these herbal remedies could probably help too, but I think people should make sure to look up the side-effects before they take them.

I can't help but feel like relying on any pill as a daily supplement to help your mood might not be such a good idea.

5. hmm well if all else fails, it sounds like a good alternative if the other meditating etc. methods do not work. If anything I guess you could also eat more magnesium loaded foods as well..

6. Try benzodiazepines for a few months see how you like them, then stop. They work well for anxiety and such. That natural stuff will kill ya

7. Exercise does it for me. Run 'til you drop.

8. Lol I'm still not 100% sure what anxiety feels like.

I mean I'm sure I've felt it. But.. sure seems like EVERYONE today has anxiety.

9. According to WildWill this thread is against the rules, so watch out!

"I don't know how much more clear we can make this - MARIJUANA ONLY. No legal highs, no other drugs, no over the counter shit...NOTHING other than MARIJUANA - read the rules."

10. buy htp-5 and l-tyrosine in vitamin store and test one for 2 weeks and the other for another 2 weeks stick with the one you want .

11. I'd suggest a tobacco cigarette and a beer.
    Because I can:) Golly gee I love gc.

12. 5HTP is okay, but you need to go back one reaction further and take L-Tryptophan, which then changes to 5htp in the body and then into serotonin. Your body does not absorb 5htp, it lingers in your bloodstream and may cause damage to cardiovascular system. Take L-Tryptophan if you must.

13. Hmmm, marijuana is the most natural medicine you can get your hands on bro.

14. #15 Danonymous, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    Chamomile tea really helps me. It calms you down a lot and tastes really good with mint :smoke: I drink a lot of the stuff, I'm growing chamomile and mint this year so I don't have to spend so much money on it. While it doesn't alter you, you still feel 'different' from the induced calmness

15. what the fuck does that have to do with anything

16. #17 *guest, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

No... don't try that.

That natural stuff will kill ya? And you're recommending benzos? Are you serious? You do realize that benzos are incredibly addictive and tend to have even worse withdrawals than most any drug aside from extreme alcohol addiction, right? As far as I've read (and I've had experience with benzo withdrawals), benzos and alcohol are pretty much the only withdrawals that can actually kill you.

As someone with a lot of anxiety problems who has gone that route, I strongly recommend that you don't try that. Unless you want to go through the worst month of your life trying to get off of it when you become an addict.

17. Dude, what?!

18. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

No... don't try that.

That natural stuff will kill ya? And you're recommending benzos? Are you serious? You do realize that benzos are incredibly addictive and tend to have even worse withdrawals than most any drug aside from extreme alcohol addiction, right? As far as I've read (and I've had experience with benzo withdrawals), benzos and alcohol are pretty much the only withdrawals that can actually kill you.

As someone with a lot of anxiety problems who has gone that route, I strongly recommend that you don't try that. Unless you want to go through the worst month of your life trying to get off of it when you become an addict.[/quote]

I believe that post was mainly comprised sarcasm :poke: :confused: :laughing:

19. #20 *guest, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

Well, it wasn't sarcasm... Sorry if I sounded sarcastic, but that's the truth of the matter.

Benzos are seriously addictive and the withdrawals are not something you want to fuck with. Not to mention, once you start taking that shit day in and day out, it changes you... A lot. And not in a good way.

I wasn't being sarcastic when I said that the withdrawal from benzo's can actually kill you. It could also cause seizures, and a lasting seizure disorder.

I've read a lot on the matter, and feel free to correct me if you come up with a souce that says I'm wrong. But benzo are terribly addictive and withdrawals can be deadly, and are frequently much worse than many 'hard drugs'.
    The withdrawals I experienced were the worst two weeks of my life. I did not/could not sleep for 5 straight days and the anxiety was downright fucking unmanageable for at least a couple weeks. It took a while before I could even consider the idea of walking outside and actually being around other people again.

It's not something to take lightly, and it's not something I would recommend.

I've been there. I've done that. I really do not recommend it.