Natural Artificial light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bankcee, Jul 4, 2015.

1. So, I'm a first time grower. and I'm reading anything and everything on all types of grows; indoor, outdoor, lighting, soil, super soil, soilless, feeding, nutrients, etc. I do have a couple questions though that I can't find answers to anywhere. One is, I'm here in so cal and it is july 3rd, and my sunlight last for 14 hours today which would leave me with 10 hours darkness. If I read this correct my plant will flower when I get two extra hours of darkness. how can i prevent this with artificial light exposure, and what lights. I want to keep my plants in veg, until I'm ready to flower.

Attached Files:

2. my grow area will be to the left of that orange forklift. So is this considered light or darkness? do I start counting my hours of sunlight at this point? the sun is coming up from behind that white building.

thanks

3. #3 BrassNwood, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2015
    http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1265327-so-cal-growers-unite.html/page-419
    That is our very active local So Cal thread.. Ignore most of what you've read and are trying to figure out and understand just 2 months are really usable here for active vegging.. The rest of the year while great for outside flowering needs additional lighting to veg.. Just June and July are really good veg.. By mid Aug your plants will be showing signs of flowering..

[​IMG]
    This Hampton bay 70 lumen solar light from home depot will keep them in veg all but Dec and Jan.. Or CFLs will do as well.. Your other option is a small veg room where you can force them under 24-0 till they are a couple or three feet tall then stick them out to flower.. You can pull that trick all year long in So Cal..
    I use a falling down garden shed to do all my vegging in under some T5 High Output flouros..
    [​IMG]
    You can start much smaller if you need of want in something as simple as a box full of CFLs..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. thanks bro.. I think I'm gonna give them a chance cause right now I want to do my first outdoor. and I'll use that light you said from home depot to keep them in veg. can I use that solar light all night and let it get no darkness?

5. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Outdoor-Solar-Black-LED-70-Lumen-Spotlight-SS23C-M8-BKT-CPK1/204471418
    It has 2 settings of 70 lumens for 6 hours or 35 lumens for 10 hours.. I use the lower power longer burn and they do run all night at present..

6. so with this light how many plants can it cover? and how long can it cover that amount? ( til they're about how many feet)

7. I cover about 9 plants in 5x5 inch pots with each light till they hit 24 inches or better in height.. It's enough to keep my 24-0 grown plants from changing to flower during the hottest part of the summer when my veg shed is unusable.. At this time of year the lights get enough charge to burn all night long..

[​IMG]