Nat problem.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by smokey1113, Mar 16, 2017.

1. They are little nats. I read aboyt them sometime back. I think they are called dirt nats. I need some advice on how to off these little boogers. Are they harmful? Really not trying to have a Nat infestation going on around my plant. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2. Do you have fans blowing over your plants 24/7? The only times that I had problems with gnats is when I didn't have a fan circulating air at all times.

3. I do have a fan below the plant blowing upward against the wall hitting the plant. It's not directly blowing over the plant tho. Should it be then?

4. Dont*

5. It sounds like you already have a good setup because mine is similar, fan facing a wall so it's not blowing directly on the plants. Next thing I'd check is the temperature. It might be too warm and attracting them

• Like Like x 1
  6. Here's my setup lol. I wouldn't call it "good' but more "creative" XD. Had to do till I get paid in a few weeks. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm all for creative setups. I've got my lights hanging from shower rods. Are the gnats flying directly in and around your plant, or around the overall room you have them in? The fan looks like it has good placement, but try having it blow directly over the plant because the heat from the foil hood and lights might be dissipating the cool air. I kept my first plant in two milk crates lined with foil and under an open window, but the breeze didn't affect the temperature at all because the plants pot was always hot when I picked it up. You're using CFLs right? those things get pretty hot

• Like Like x 1
  8. Those gnats are mos likely do to your soil. They are nesting in the soil and eating on your roots

• Like Like x 1
  9. They're probably fungus gnats and hatch in your medium. I kill them at adult stage with auto aerosol release machines and Konk418. One day kills em all and if u catch early enuf they don't have time to lay eggs. If they do I just repeat after they hatch.
    There are lotsa non chemical remedies if u google fungus gnats.
    I have 2 wall mount fans in each room that blow directly on the plants 24/7. This strengthens the stalks as well as circulating the air in the rooms

• Like Like x 1
  10. So guys what are some quick ways to kill these things? I'll do some more research on them and see what I can find myself

11. Yes I am. But the fan is blowing alot of air on them to cool them off I would think.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yes

13. Enough though?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I'll take some pictures of the holes that have been drilled when i get home tonight. I want to say yes because after pouring a gallon of water into the bucket water comes out of it about 10 mins later.

15. Water in some cucameris bugs as long as your not flowering. And hell yes blow the fan at your plants they will be weak stocked bitches if not ,plus be short on the trichomes later

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks Londonbum

17. Gnats love damp conditions as far as I know. So if you don't let the soil dry and it stays wet too long due to bad drainage then it's not suprising to get gnats.
    Let that shit totally dry out. Them gnats won't like that. Also a peroxide watering would be a good follow up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Okay. I just get nervous about letting the soil get real dry because I don't want the plant to die. I had two plants but I guess the one died because it was a little underwatered and in the sun. I came home and it was laying over yellow and crispy.

19. Honestly it's easier to over water than underwater. If it looks like it really neeeds a watering then do so but your likely overwatering.

• Like Like x 2