Nasty habit..

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Hejsvej, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Hi Gc, not sure where this post fits in but. I have a nasty habit of biting my nails, and i thought you blades maybe have some tips/ideas for me to stop?
    I've really tried alot of times, but sometimes when i think or watch a movie. I realise that my nails are gone!
    Help!;)

2. I too am a life-long nail biter. The longest ive gone without biting my nails is 3 weeks.

I am also with OP in needing advice/tips

I managed to grow them out once using putting on bitter nail polish and they looked so good and felt so proud haha

3. What worked for me, when i started working in a warehouse my nails would get dirt behind them and that stopped me!
    Go rub your fingers in some soil Im sure you will stop

4. ^^Haha nice idea :p
    I don't think my girlfriend will approve of me having dirty hands though.

5. I've bitten my nails my whole life too, just recently stopped actually. It's been a couple months since I have; I work at a greenhouse and I'm constantly working with soil and whatnot, so there's always stuff underneath my nails. It's just gross, so it caused me stop biting them!

My mother used to put hot sauce on my nails when I was a kid... I ended up loving hot sauce ;)

6. I just stopped, couldn't give you a tip but its been done.

7. I'm pretty sure they make pepper flavored nail polish for y'all.

At least its not ciggies..unless its both, in which case your nails must taste pretty yucky.

8. I bite my nails, but I also enjoy other nervous habits like tapping my fingernails on surfaces that make noise.

One time I set my mind to grow out my nails to expand upon the range of notes/volumes my fingers could make.

There was no difference, so I accepted myself and continued the beaver interpretation.

9. Hi Hejsvej,
    Doing anything to excess is never good, but look at the bright side.
    You could be an excessive:
    masterbator
    nose picker
    shoplifter
    farter
    crotch scratcher
    The list goes on.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to minimize your bad habit. I'm just trying to point out that when I think I have it bad there's always someone else worse off.
    Cheers:D

10. Haha yeah i guess, but i still want to stop! ;)

I'm gona try that hot sauce! Seems like an idea worth trying!

11. I dont chew my nails, I kind of pick them off. It hasnt really hurt me besides me not being to open cans cause i have no fucking nails lol. I used to bite my nails but i stopped at some time and just never did it again . Picking was more convienient I guess.

12. Try hot sauce on your fingers or some kind of sauce or even vinegar on your nails, that helped me. Just don't rub your eyes or nose, use the back of your hand or a tissue for that!!

13. My cousin used to do that. He used a special clear nail polish that tasted, literally, like shit. You might be able to find that or something like it in a pharmacy, it was specifically made to help people stop biting nails. It might work better than hot sauce because that would burn your eyes if you rubbed them. Plus idk about you but I like hot sauce, so that wouldn't really be a strong deterrent for me.

14. To be honest.. just get better at biting your nails. I bite my nails daily, and people say my hands are some of the most handsome they have seen. I have never clipped my nails once in my life.

I dunno guess im just a natural

15. [quote name='"pheelgood"']To be honest.. just get better at biting your nails. I bite my nails daily, and people say my hands are some of the most handsome they have seen. I have never clipped my nails once in my life.

I dunno guess im just a natural[/quote]

Same lol