nasa grow

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by geneticengineer, Jul 16, 2008.

1. i had posted:

how much LED?
    <HR style="COLOR: #ecfcb2" SIZE=1>i have some friends that will be doing a grow op using LED lighting. they are using 6 x 7x7 led squares, so 294 watts of power split into blue and red 1 watt leds.

they have an elaborate robotic arm system to move the leds as the plant grows, controlled by a camera. the setup will be completely remote, hence the robotic arms and camera system.

also there will be 4 rats in an elaborate ecosphere that will provide carbon dioxide. water is setup by hydro, which is filtered and measured and fed in from an outside hose. the entire operation can be evacuated through a series of ballasts if compromised.

im curious if 294 1 watt leds will be enough for 6 plants. the leds will be kept very close to the plants via a ramsey arm.

will be using the proper ratio of blue red, having most of the reds turned off until flowering. I guess my friends will do 5 plants @ 59 watts per plant 100% led. Rats have been doubled to 8(all males of course), and the plant matter for the food medium for the rats has been given more moisture for compensation. Everything is airtight, and controlled by 1.3 ghz p3 computer via devices interfaced with various science and remote access programs. 1 robotic arm controls several systems, while crane systems above the plants move the flower shaped led system to 3 inches within the tops of the plants.

so 60 watts is enough for 1 plant with led and robotic assistance?

2. well lets start off by saying "wow". With such a great system like that those 6 plants must be really good. Why do you not just do a closet grow or even a outdoor. And btw... no one has really posted truly about LEDs growing from start to finish but many of us would really like to know. You should start up a grow journal and link it back so we can watch them!

3. I'm gunna go out on a limb and say you guys won the science fair. Grow journal fer sure.

4. i have to say i have never ever heard of a moree elaborate grow setup in my life which isnt a bad thing if you know what your doing man your really going all out with this arent you i would get some ridiculously good seeds cuz this setup sounds fool proof check out my thread in outdoor growing its called le fruit defendu-carmalicious you should get some of those seeds

5. This is gonna be the biosphere grow room.
    One question. If its airtight and you dont open it for moths where does the rat poo go? Please dont say in the soil. And are you sure youre not gonna get some rat hairs in the buds?

6. Given how difficult it is to build robotic arms versus the simplicity of just moving the lights by hand as well as the absurdity of growing ganja with rats which like to chew on green leafy things, I think I have to call bullshit in this. Anyone this serious about growing ganja wouldn't fuck it up by making it so needlessly complex, and anyone this serious about creating a science display would want to grow some other plant so they could actually show it to people.

Either you're having fun on us, or someone's putting one over on you. :)

7. i agree :rolleyes:

8. spending over $2500 for this setup, the lights alone are around 1000 bucks. the arms and cranes are the hardest, rats are cheap and so is their medium. they are capped out, i will make sure they keep a grow journal. so 59 watts is good per plant?

9. Its better to give those 1000 bucks for electricity and get an HPS. Its gonna grow a lot better. Check out my LED thread and see how far I got mine with LEDs. Its LED grow by Dr3adlox.

10. Dude don't waste your money this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. And there's no point. And rats? Is that a joke if your spending so much why not just get a co2 system instead? The rats will eat your plants! you don't seem to get that. And plus just.... why?

11. by the way there is airflow, its just very slow, just enough to keep the rats alive. The rats are not in the same chamber as the plants. They have their own chamber which had small tunnels that go to the worm genesis chamber. If worm system fails , one of 2 doors can be opened. 1 st door can be opened via 12v crane system, which is leads to a small chamber with loads of cereal in it. Second hatch opened via 12v crane leads to escape hatch for rats. Allanyone has to do is send an email to a secret address, and the whole systems shuts itself down, rats are released, and the entire habitat sinks off the side of the boat and into the water, weighted down it sinks to bottom of San francisco bay...

The cereal and escape hatches are
    a
    last resort if the rats die or if their health is compromised. We would love the rats to be able to survive 5 months, they are an excellent source of methane and co2

12. Dude you have got to make a movie I wanna see it all.

13. Your in Cali? What in the world are you doing all this for. We voted medical marijuana in and you can be legal and grow and your thinking about this crazy system.

Double Bullshit dude.

14. bullshit! unless you post some pic's this thread is worthless! sorry but i had to say it.

Right on whywait +1

15. dude this is an experiment to see about growing bud remotely. it uses desalization and bio technology, and can be hooked up to any boat. it runs remotely and is operated via remote assistance for microsoft. the cool part about it is it uses led technology so it needs 0 cooling, and the rats are an effective co2 catalyst. the fact that there are doors that lead to different chambers is kind of a tweaker idea, but hell it works incase of a fatality in the rat population. there are worms that feed the rats, worms eat plantlife which is grown by the lights, co2, and desalized water. the rats theoretically should have no problems adjusting the worms as they crawl out of the genesis pit towards light. so its totally self propelled, all thats needed is a desktop to link up to its system to control anything in its habitat, very basic just no one has done it. the leds like i said just allow for very little if any heating issues, with more light output then cfls, and more easily manipulated by the crane and arm system. the arm is just a science fair gizmo, however it can operated through the computer system, therefore it can be remotely operated. the arm was only 400 bucks, and you can literally pick things up and put them down with the arm, if they get a crane that gets stuck on something, and wont raise the leds in time before the plants burn, one can manually fix the problem with the arm and use of the minicams. total power used 500watts, all of the power supply comes through a computer powersupply, all the 12 volts run off that as well as the 110 volts.

16. im gonna take pics next time i go out to sausalito, this thing is insane you guys gotta see it.

17. I know seriously huh? I don't even think I could get fucked up enough to make something up like this lol