Narrowly escaped getting caught...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GaleForce, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Last night almost ended in disaster. DPS (Department of Public Safety for those unfamiliar with university police) has an office right next to my room in the dorm but it has really never been a problem. Our hallway itself is pretty secluded... its basically the DPS door, then my door, then another kid's door, and at the end of the hallway there are double doors to a room that no one uses. Anyway, our room and the other kid's room shares a bathroom where I smoke sometimes if its too cold to go outside. I toweled up both doors in the bathroom, had the shower going, had a fan blowing out an open window, and a spoof. I also put a huge garbage bag on the other kid's door to try and prevent the smell from going in his room. In our room we just leave the window open incase the smell just makes its way in.

So 2 minutes after I finish my bowl (had already smoked the bong an hour earlier) I get an IM from the kid next door telling me the whole hallway reeks of weed. Since our room didn't smell I figured the smell got into his room (probably had all the windows closed) and went out into the hallway through his room, probably just due to pressure differences. He then told me he heard people outside talking about it and when I asked him if it was DPS he didn't answer.

Apparently what had happened was that DPS rolled up since they're in the office every weekend night and on random weekdays/weeknights and smelled the weed at the end of the hallway. They knocked on the double doors and obviously got no answer since no one lives there. My friend next door thought they were knocking on his door so he opened up and they turned to him and asked him if he knew anything about it. He played dumb and said he didn't notice, stuck his head into the hallway and took a whif, and said he guesses it does kind of smell like weed. The cops then told him that they had to check his room and entered (not sure if they fully came in) and started sniffing around. They decided it wasn't him and left him alone.

Then they went back to the double doors and started banging and yelling "YOU HAVE TO OPEN THIS DOOR!" and shit and obviously still no one opened. They came back like a minute later with a key to the door and busted into the room and finally realized that no one lived there. I guess after that they figured they weren't going to find anything so they didn't bother to knock on my door. It probably only smelled like weed on that side of the hallway anyway, even though its only like 15 feet away. During all of this I stashed all my shit in the bathroom in case they did come into our room and watched through the peephole in my door. I watched them walk right by my room and into their office and that was the end of it. I was so paranoid that they'd be on the prowl all night that I didn't even go outside and smoke because I didn't want to reek.

2. That's why I'm not gettin a dorm when I go to school.

3. Yeah i wont have the money to live in an apartment my first year plus I wanna meet a lot of people. But im already thinkin about how much its gonna suck tryin to smoke as m uch as I do now.

4. unfortunately, many universities require that freshmen live in the dorms. It's lame.

5. ^^^ Exactly ^^^

Here's what my friends and I used to do... Well first off we only ever smoked in his room, and in my dorm it was one sex per floor so... guys floor... everybody smoked/drank/fucked/etc in their rooms and all the rest of the guys basically didn't care or encouraged it. We'd stuff the door with a towel, get 2 fans goin.. one just blowin air away from the door, and another blowin air out the window. When we smoked hookah (tobacco), we'd just leave it at that. When we smoked weed, we'd do all that and hang out by the window and blow the smoke out of it. We never got caught or questioned in any way.

In my apartment, I still stuff my door with a towel and blow the smoke out the window simply to not offend my non-smoking roommate. My room and our apartment have never smelled like weed at all... :)