Nanners?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Deleted member 985840, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Are these nanners? This is Afghan kush 3 days shy of 8 weeks. Still clear and cloudy. This strain always gets these in the 7th week and I usually chop them as soon as I see this. This is my last run for this strain so I want to max my yield and see some more swell.

It's like the show up in a day. Gave a good inspection yesterday when I watered and swear they weren't there then. Today was just a quick check in on the ladies.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like it to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks like nanners to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. So chop or wait a few days? I have these 2 and 2 super skunk right next to it that are about ready. The G13 on the other side of those needs another week or two. 6 plants total in this enclosure.

5. I'd keep growing... maybe take her out of the grow room once a day get some tweezers and pluck them off...

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  6. I don't chop for nanners.

7. They are in a scrog. Plus plucking never seems to work on groups like this, for me at least. Singles, sure.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've read nanners can pollinate from the get go, unlike pollen sacs that need to burst or be broken. I would say get a clean pair of tweezers and carefully pluck as many as you can untill harvest. Worst case you get a few seeds in your bud

Sent from my A1R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I am going to chop them as I always do for this. I don't want to mess with the other plants. I am just trying to decide on an extended dark period and if I do will that dark period mess with my other plants that are finishing up

10. I highly recommend you don't. Nanners are common late in flowering. I've had them on a plant with 7 others in the same tent, I even tried to purposely pollinate one.. didn't get a single seed at all.. not even on the plant that had them..
    Think before you chop :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I'm with this dude. I've gotten seeds this way and ended up 10/10 usable females from the seeds. Atf strain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

12. I like to experiment with my grows so I know why and how something happens vs just following blindly others methods. So since I had to harvest my SS I decided to also harvest the AK that had the most nanners. The other also has them but I am going to just let her go her course to see what happens.

I can't seem to find any good references for what a bud with seeds in it looks like though.