Nancy Pelosi supports Medical Marijuana!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Pelosi: I Support Congressional Efforts to Recognize the Medical Benefits of Marijuana

by Erik Altieri, NORML Communications Coordinator July 11, 2012 shareshare

[​IMG]US Representative and former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) today reiterated her support for the legalization of medical cannabis and called for congressional efforts to recognize the plant's therapeutic efficacy.
    Speaking to Raw Story, Rep. Pelosi said, “I have long supported efforts in Congress to advocate federal policies that recognize the scientific research and clinical research demonstrating the medical benefits of medicinal marijuana, that respects the wishes of the states in providing relief to ill individuals, and that prevents the federal government from acting to harm the safe access to medicinal marijuana provided under state law.”
    “I've been very clear on the subject of medical marijuana over time,” she said, “in committee and on the floor as leader.”
    Pelosi told Raw Story and other bloggers in attendance at the round table that she believed congress should take action on the issue. Speaking to this point she stated, “I think that it would be really important to do that [address medical marijuana in congress]. It would be hard for anyone to agree with the fact that someone who has HIV/AIDS or has cancer and they find relief from pain in medicinal marijuana that should be something that should be a priority to raid on the part of the Justice Department. Going along with that, we need to address some of the penalties for any non-violent crime that are out there.”
    With prominent Democrats such as Representative Pelosi, Chicago Mayor and former Obama Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel, New York Governor Cuomo, and the Democratic Parties in a growing number of states getting behind marijuana law reform, you have to wonder how long until President Obama realizes his drug policy has fallen out of touch with not just the electorate, but his own party.
    You can read more in-depth coverage of the blogger roundtable, along with comments from other legislators on the marijuana issue, by clicking here.

2. Nancy Pelosi? Doesnt she matter not at all? Or something like that anyway.

Not to mention I dislike Nancy Pelosi. I could care less what she has to say about anything.

If anything maybe her backing of the movement might cause it more damage than good. Who knows.

3. You can trust her. :rolleyes:

4. Get used to it, pols know how many people they can motivate to go to the polls if they soften their stance on mj...remember BO in 2008?

5. Does this mean she's pandering to a certain voting block or has she actually come to appreciate the validity of the 10th amendment?

If the latter is the case, she won't mind states nullifying their obligations to expand Medicaid for the PPACA.

Not holding my breath. :laughing:

6. Most likely pandering....

7. I hate the site of her.

8. The part they failed to mention is that she went on to say "I just support the pharmaceutical companies' stance on keeping marijuana illegal even more." ;)

9. I can translate I know how to speak pelosi. What she said was "I support throwing people in jail for weed but I need your vote to keep doing it."I believe she also said something aboutt vagisil

10. HAH! She just wants to steal your wealth.

11. OP is a douche for putting a huge picture of that nastyass face. Might as well have posted tubgirl :p

Pelosi is a piece of shit. She lies, demagogues, panders, cheats and steals. Benefits from insider trading, says shit like "we have to pass the bill for you to know what's in it," and "it's not a tax, it's a penalty," after SCOTUS ruled the only way ObamaCare stands is as a tax (if it was a penalty, it would be under the Commerce Clause and that was struck down. If it's not a tax, it's unconstitutional.)

What's truly sickening is that SF keeps reelecting her, as well as other pieces of shit like Boxer and Gov Brown. I don't care if she comes out and rails against the drug war, it's not because she cares about the People, it's because it benefits her in some way. Giving her support for such pandering is like deciding to eat an apple that's completely rotten, except for half a bite. "Oooh, yay! Part of the apple isn't rotten!! Yum yum yum"

12. #12 HongKongPhooey, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU"]We wont know whats in the bill till we sign it[/ame]

Honestly, how does a person like this get reelected after saying this? Seriously?

13. Governor Cuomo is not in favor of medical marijuana in New York State, and has done very little to support the claim that he is "getting behind marijuana law reform". He may not want to lock up everybody that smokes indefinitely, but that's about the best that can be said about him regarding marijuana. I believe that things will stay the same under his leadership, at least until the federal government changes their laws.

14. She might vote for a bill on accident. Since she won't know what's in the bill until it's passed.

15. what's that dried white crusty spot on her lip?

16. #16 Rotties4Ever, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    :p
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnyDUcO1qBk]([/ame]

:p :p

17. for the record
    the 0:48-0:50 (full screen, for extra creepyness)
    is downright creepy as hell
    fake or not
    chills down my spine creepy
    suck the life out of human babies creepy

18. How many bills has she submitted that would allow or be favorable medical marijuana?

19. In 2001 she co-sponsored the States' Rights to Medical Marijuana Act introduced by Barney Frank.

States

With a quick google search, you can find many interviews with Pelosi where she speaks in favor of medical marijuana. From 2010:

Speaker Pelosi, we

Does at least 11 years of support for an issue really constitute "pandering"?

Who cares about facts when there are more important issues to discuss... like what she looks like! :rolleyes:

20. Thanks, but I don't think Ive mentioned her pandering or her looks. I looked up some of the other re-legalization bills in this congress, and see she didn't bother to co-sign any of them. :rolleyes:

Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011 (H.R. 2306) - GovTrack.us
    H.R. 1983: States' Medical Marijuana Patient Protection Act - GovTrack.us
    Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2011 (H.R. 1831) - GovTrack.us