N

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gingerprince, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Hello all,

I'd reall like to begin by thanking this community for just how helpful it is. I've been reading a vast amount lately and it's all lead here. Incredible information and experience. Excellent reference for any aspiring gardener like myself.

Now, I think this is a good first question. I'm currently nursing a noobie effort at one solid seedling and three new sprouts in organic soil and perlite. They are seeds I found in a batch of a strain called Camel Walk Kush (Phishead series) from Pueblo West Organics. No idea on the sex or anything. Just kind of a trial run before the maiden voyage.

The larger one has been going for a few weeks and the sprouts are days old. They are currently under a 19w, 6500k LED grow light I bought at Home Depot. I've been supplementing that with three household 9w, 5000k bulbs and one 12w, 2700k bulbs (the LED equivalent of 60w and 100w respectively, I think).

I purchased a tent (2ftx2ftx3ft) and a VIPARSPECTRA 300w LED grow light. Does anyone have any advice for making sure the transition doesn't roast my prospecy

2. There's no risk that a 300w led will roast em, you can put it right next to em..

This is only a risk with hps or mh bulbs..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the reply sensi. Turns out they are LOVING it in the new tent. Temps are a little high at 82F and humidity ranges from 45-60% but they seem to be thriving. Where I fim'd seems to be starting to split into three. I'm pretty happy with how the transition is going thus far. Oh, lights are ~15" from the top of the biggest plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hey ging, excellent work, that sounds. like perfect conditions IMO. swinging humidity it's a good thing

are you running a journal? be good to see some pics.:volcano:

5. Also sorry about the abrupt end to my post. I'm still learning how to use the forum. I've been reading and researching for years when I need an answer on GC but never used it. Thanks for your input and patience guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1