n toxicity/gnats=BIG PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gotta smokem all, Oct 14, 2014.

1. hello.im new here so let me start from the top but i want to keep it short and sweet :)
    i found out i had fungus gnats so i added sand to the top and other things to stop them eg. completly letting my lady dry up to the point where it was wilting.

that didnt work, so now i have added gnat off and yellow sticky traps
    now that i finally think this could work, i found out i have gotten nitrogen toxicity OUT OF THE BLUE??

newer leaves are dark green and clawing but i never had this problem through out veg and now im in week 1 of flower.........

the stems are weak and dropping but i think that could have beeen cause of underwatering.

the bud sites are really light green too??

what can i do to stop the toxic from killing my baby? was it only cause the fungus bastards were munching my girls?

everthing is in check, ph, temp, humid,hps

the soil was just some shit i got cheap but i would expect to underfeed not bloody OVERFEED??
    i am not adding nutes you see...just ph water.

PLS HELP A NEWB OUT???
    thanks in advance!!

2. Ahh the bugs can be a bugger, I had some on all 6 of my little females indoors, I was using natural sprays and what not and wasn't really working. I trimmed lots of the big fans leafs of that were infected and it seemed to help drastically and brought out new growth in the plant as well.

You didn't mention your light set-up, are they getting enough light/darkness ?

3. You could be a bit root bound. If your soil is shit, you might as well repot it into some new soil while it's at the beginning of flowering. Worked wonders for mine that showed the same symptoms as yours. What size of pot are you in?

4. 5gal and other in 3gal but the 3gal girl is growing fine just the other one,
    i am in 12/12 under 600w hps
    i did remove all the dead leaves at the bottom, only a few really.

5. can sand cause nitrogen toxicity?