N-tox

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MidwestMover, Mar 22, 2019.

1. #1 MidwestMover, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    [​IMG][​IMG]

These were yesterday.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And today it’s worse. White in the middle of leave and a lot of curling up and razor looking leaf edges.

Used some boogie brew and fish hydroslate.
    I’m guessing I need to flush with three times the volume and reapply nutes and cal-mag: joking

But seriously is that what this is?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Are you using cal-mag??? If not that's what the deficiency looks like. Mine seem to need cal-mag every watering last season. I was using bottled nutes then, i was outdoors, it was also my first season so my opinion likely will murder your plants. Good luck.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. it could be the plant is too big for it's pot,

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. What are your temps like? I agree with Taoist, looks like she might be a little root bound as well. This is not ideal, but when I've had plants out grow their pots, I have put a garbage bag around the bottom with some fresh soil in it. Gives the plant a little more root space without the transplant shock.

P-

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. #5 MidwestMover, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    My temp is 70-75. Ya she probably is root bound. I also had a mass exodus of worms from this pot I’m guessing last night and idk why. Dead worms everywhere. I’ll try to see if she’ll fit in Rubbermaid tote. She has three weeks left. This is also second run in this pot. I had top dressed with MBP and some dr earth 2-4-2 starter mix and home worm castings.

Edit: do you think this has to do with high ph and the bi-carbonates blocking out micro nutrients. If so would throwing in chicken manure and steer manure help lower it. There’s a product n-phuric that they use in fruit production to neutralize the bicarbonate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. No the only thing I’ve used is silica and some fish hydroslate. Really wanted to do no bottled nutes.

7. If u gave them that as something new I would look at that. Hard to gauge what u are getting like that. If in soil I would flush the crap out of it. Than last jug I would give them 1 tsp Cal mag. I would look at what I did different

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. @MidwestMover how many more weeks of flowering do you have left?

what was the hydrolysate brand?

what was the silica type - powder or protek?

• Like Like x 1
  9. April 8 will be 77 days. It’s an auto and that’s what the breeder has said.

The hydroslate is organic ag products 15-1-1. I used an 1/8 of an 1/8 tsp in a liter. Mostly as foliar also.It only show acre usage, but I think kis podcast said to divide by 862 or something to get application rate. Just used very little

The silica is pro-tek

10. dyna gro protekt holds a fairly strong alkalinity and ime it's best used as a foliar only when growing in soil. the nature of silica is alkaline and for it to be suspended in solution the solution has got to be alkaline. once added to the soil via drench it's there. just fyi for future reference.

idk about your soil mix but i'll assume it contained all 'the goodies' that are always recommended so one thing we could consider is that when you started out there were sufficient nutrients to get your plant through ~77 days in a container but suddenly something was seemingly "too much" or "too little"; the old deficiency/toxicity mind melt. this might lead one to think there's a ph problem and esp so if, for example, one might notice these problems shortly following application of a drench of some sort.

long story short i going to guess you have a ph problem atm and if true your best approach with a remedy would be a heavy handed ewc slurry. start with really breaking the soil surface up to a depth of ~2" , get your fingers in there and rough it up. liberally apply ewc and water it in. i cant think of any safer ways to try and straighten it out.

there are very, very, few items we all add to our mixes that are ph neutral. over the 3-4 months of incubating inside of a container along with copious amounts of h2o, chemical changes occur leading to acid or base changes but never remaining neutral. ph does in fact matter.

but i'm guessing at your current situation. if your soil is alkaline for whatever reason the ewc might limp you through the next few weeks. good luck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ya I think you got it with the ph. I did use a silica mix when I watered one day to get rid of it. I also have high ph water and the bi carbonate is coming into play also. I had top dressed with castings but that’s probably when I watered with the silica if I remember right. So those castings are probably not doing any good now. I appreciate the response and helping me thru this. I will pull of top layer and reammend with peat and castings to provide some acidity.

Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  12. @MidwestMover that's good. just "keep the patient alive" until "it's time". lol...it's all about quality of life for the plant here on out. just keep her comfortable with h2o, ewc, and even foliars of whatever you desire. you only have about two more weeks and you'll bring it home. she will fare much better if you angst less. btdt ya know.

next time , :bongin::bongin::bongin: ... mo betta :smoking:

13. I use 3ml every water or feed of that same sil

14. I also noticed quite a few soil mites the white ones. I’m guessing they’re eating the barley. Is this of any concern? I know they’re decomposers and like acidic conditions. So now I’m stumped more is it alkaline or acidic in there. There’s a ton of worms though.

Would aminos be good? Ya I’m just trying to cross the finish line in one piece. Not trying to play the fix it game so much. Just peaceful last days lol

15. I mostly use it to emulsify neem oil for ipm. I’ve noticed the once a week foliar gets the stems strong. I use 1ml to 1ml in warm water. Then throw in aloe. This is for a liter.

Do you use pro-tek or agsil16. It’s gonna take me a while to get thru the pro- tek

16. i guess i glossed over this the first pass thru. there's more than a few reasons ew's will jump ship but doing so certainly might be indicative of part of the problem the plant's root zone is dealing with. maybe ponder on why that may be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. What Possum said. Mass exodus of worms would make me wonder what is going on. I still think it wouldn't be a bad idea to get her a little more soil, but yeah figure out why the worms are leaving. How wet is your soil?
    :passing-joint:

P-

18. It’s a sip container so it’s always moist. I saw the soil mites today. I’m guessing there feeding on the barely that’s clumped to the castings I put over it.

19. Do those white soil mites cause problems to the root zone. They’re in the pot eating what I’m guessing is the MBP i topdressed then covered in castings. I see them in one of my worm bins also.

20. Protek

• Like Like x 1