n. maine greenhouse growing.

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by moose71, Mar 24, 2017.

1. #1 moose71, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    hey folks! starting a greenhouse this spring. planning to grow 12 plants in there. trying to figure on what strains to do. problem is our days don't go down to 12/12 till' sept 24. thats AFTER our usual 1st. killing frost. daytime temps are in the low 60's. so they will only start budding after the light goes 12/12 or do you guys think they will start earlier? don't want to have to cover things or heat this greenhouse as its gonna be pretty big. our last danger of frost in spring is the 1st. week of june also. maybe super autos would be best? I'm more into sativa dom. hybrids. not a fan of indica. just makes me sleepy which doesn't help my cause either. found some sativa dom. autos like critical ogre and jack 47 that finish in 70 days. what you guys think?

2. Whats upMoose71

You do not need to worry about light cycle. You can cover each up with a black towel or tarp when you like. Or throw a black tarp ontop of your greenhouse. If in flower pots. Move them to a shed or garage when you want. And in Maine. You get free soil outdoor. Dont waste your money on the rest when you got the best. I never use store bought anything beside perlite

3. hey sweet! i don't want to mess with covering them. or have to heat the place. got a bunch of auto beans. think ill go that route. save my photos for indoor winter grows. bought a crapload of coir bricks and bags of perlite so I'm gonna use them. our clay soil up here drains terrible so not good for weed. plus i can reuse the coir 3-4 times after a good flush. thanks for the input man!

4. I would experiment with 1 reg seed, maybe clone her a couple times. They should do well even an early harvestvwith them maybe still worth it. Never hurts to try new things. I harvested early before still did the trick just not fat buds

5. yeah ill pick a few that are shorter flowering and give them a try. the rest ill do autos.

6. Light deprivation. Heat in spring if possible to get a jump and then light deprivation while outdoor temp and light levels are good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

7. Your plants will start flowering around the third or fourth week of July on a regular plant, and should finish in your greenhouse before you spend too much on heat as long as its not a long flowering sativa. Yield on an auto is IMHO not worth the bother in an outdoor setting. Try some of each. 12-12 is for inside grows. The longest day of the year is June 21, so get your plants a couple months old in the house, put them out first of June. Lots of water, watch the heat in summer and hang on. Good luck

8. yeah . got plenty of each. got some short flower sat. dom. photos I'm gonna try. not a indica person which makes it a challenge in my weather. got several super autos strains that go up to 80days like jack 47 and super lemon haze that should get good results out too. gonna start the photos inside to get them ahead of the game. thanks.

10. Screwed up trying to post to ya, im also up in maine, guess central, lol....anywho this is my 4th year n gonna be my first time using the greenhouse.....
    Ive had good luck the past few years, really upped the anti last year with my quanity. I did learn not to stress about the frost, especially, If u selectively harvest.....these plants are REAL tough buggers.
    What did u decide on for strains?
    N what kinda bed are u going to use? Fixed or mobile?
    Also what kinda irrigation system are you using?

11. #11 moose71, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    hey kronik! nice to see more Mainieiacs on lately! I'm way up on the can. border ind the st. john valley. i got some 17gal fabric pots I'm gonna grow in. my local soil here is heavy clay rocky crap! gonna use coir/ perlite mix as its cheap and use g.h maxi bloom for nutes. I'm disabled from the Army so I'm home most days. just gonna water with ph rainwater like i do in my garden. how you doing yours? gonna do 2 ogre, 2 critical ogre, 1 jack 47, 1 red poison, 1 dark devil, 1 super cali haze, 2 sour diesels, 1 super lemon haze autos, and a durban poison photo. as you can see , i like sativas! hey check out getaway mountain seeds website! they're out of blue hill area if your interested in Maine developed weed strains! good people! good luck and post some pics! maybe do a get together this summer! find out who on here from maine would be interested. maybe camp out somewhere cool! millinocket would be a great central remote area! take care!

12. well, got my 10' by 20' green house up! I'm pleased! its made so you can take the cover off and store it in winter which is great for n. Maine! I'm concerned about daylight times. if i start my beans indoors then put them out will the lower daylight time out doors put them in flower? they would take better indoors but our temps are in the 50's during the day, low 40;s at night. unusual cold for even us this time of year. cold and rainy spring. in the greenhouse its 10 deg. warmer than that during the day but at night is when I'm worried. will the lesser daylight mess them up still iff i put them out at a week old from indoors? not worried too much about the 4 super autos but am about the 2 photos.

13. Daylight is increasing now to the point they shouldn't start to flower, especially a seed plant. A clone would be more light sensitive. I'd keep em in another week or so till nighttime temps are 50's. Good luck this season.

14. thats what i wanted to know. was worried as my other plants are getting 20/4 in my tent now and my seedlings are in there also. in 4 days my area will have 15hr. daylight. hope the 5 hr. difference doesn't mess with them too much when i put them out. i was planning to keep them in for a week . having a very wet cool spring with night temps in the upper 30's to low 40's . days aren't much better. thanks for the advice! happy growing!;)