N e 1 else Germinate like me?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DiAmOnD RaStA, Jul 7, 2005.

1. HIGH all, i've been reading a lot about growing lately. I have helped friends grow, and cure bud before, but i have never really done it on my own. Im not new to the GROW game, i was just wondering...

Do you ALL germinate like it says in the Germination420 post? I have been around growings for like 3-4 years now, and i have never had one of my friends germ. like that. What we do is fill up a regular sized cup with luke warm water... then we just throw the seeds in there. We give it a couple days, and then some sink and some float, you pick out the good ones and leave the others to see if they will break seed too, if not, u throw em out... we use the same method for planting though (party cup with holes, wet soil.. let it drain blah blah blah) i was just wondering because i dont see much about OUR way of germ'in.
    [​IMG]

That's all we do really lol. (i threw this in there as a tester plant + im moving so i cant really get much set up right now- we usually throw 15-20 seeds in @ a time)

We know that its goin good when there are little bubbles on the end of the seed cuz it means they are crackin...

comments?

2. I've never really heard of it being done like that before... I just stick mine in the dirt and water them. Usually see them in about a week.

3. ive heard that way of germin before, but never down it...

i just use warm papertowels and throw them in a bag, two days later they are germed and ready 2 grow...

whatever works for you is the way 2 go ^^

4. I have heard of it for testing which seeds are better for germing, the sinkers supposedly germinate better. I've never tried it but whichever works for you is best :)

Gg

5. that's what i do rasta. i also add a very small amount of ferts to the water though, to give them a boost.

6. i dont add ferts, i have used a mix of bleach shit though... YEAH i keep the sinkers... then wait for the floaters... after bout 2 weeks, if they aint down there, they get the toilet lol

7. I stick my seeds in peat pellets,cheep on price..
    If they dont grow,then i replace it with another seed.... :smoke:

8. yeah, like u add hot water to the peat pellet and it tells you 2 drop 3 seeds n a pellet then take the other two out..lol i was high doin that shit and it cracked me up haha..funny thing is all 12 seeds sprouted doin that shit within 5 days lol

9. i just did it this way, put some warm water into a shot glass, dropped my 2 seeds in there, and low and behold 24 hrs later their taproots are just starting to show through..these two seeds were left lying around on the floor of my room for a few months, and they still popped as soon as they got into water. Does this method have a high success ratio? I guess I will continue to use this method until i find out that it doesnt work, but right now I have a 100% germ. ratio :) so I am happy as hell

10. If you can visualize seeds germinating in nature, you will realize that the seed needs only a little moisture, some heat (like from the sun), and some darkness (that's why you plant the seeds underground).

11. This thread is really old.

12. well thats why the search feature is so handy yea?

13. never germed like that but alot of people recommend it in videos and other forums that i have been too. i like the paper towel method then i throw them in a big gulp cup and never have to transplant them...control my height a little too since i grow stealth.

14. I just get a damp paper towel, a plastic zip lock bag, and a source of warmth (usually a computer monitor, PS2, anything that generates a bit of warmth) and cover it with a plate (for darkness). I usually get at least one popper within 10 hours, and then over the next day the rest usually pop. This last bunch of seeds took a while to germinate, but they were over five years old, and a few were damaged. You gotta be careful for mold, too. The paper towel started to get a little moldy towards the end; bad!