Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Myth or truth?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dynamite089, Feb 15, 2012.

1. I've recently heard that the more Marijuana you smoke, the more depressing you'll get in the end.

Let me give you an example of what I mean...

You smoke weed for many reasons; medically, to reduce stress, for fun, etc.
    When you smoke weed you get high, which makes you feel happy and you enjoy everything a lot more and everything is absolutely great.
    After your high, you get back to a normal state.

Continued use will keep getting you happy again, but each time you get more and more depressed after the high wears off.

Because of this, you'll start to rely on Marijuana to make you happy, because that's all you know that will give you the same effect of happiness. You'll get mentally addicted (even though there is no addicting chemicals) and you'll want to smoke all the time just to be happy.

Is this true at all? I've read articles, seen Youtube videos, and even heard from my friends that this is true. But ever since I've been smoking Marijuana, I've been just fine and nothing bad has happened. I'm perfectly fine. But I've only been smoking for about a year, and I don't smoke that often (maybe twice a month)

2. I been using cannabis for over 5 years and It has effected me more positive then anything, I could it say it shaped me to the person I am today.

3. yea, i felt that way for a while now, i guess the novelty of it wears off quick and i find my self smoking for no reason, and not really enjoying the high anymore. sometimes i feel it would be better if i was sober. i know im mentally addicted to it, and dont want to smoke, but still do. :confused:i dont think ill find many people agreeing with me on this site, but thats how i feel

4. Truth... But it's all good.

5. when you come off from smoking alot, you tend to feel a bit low and bored, mildly depressed i guess? i think that's the depression in marijuana that people talk about, apart from that nothing serious, weed has made me a happier, calmer person =)

:smoking:

6. I don't have anger problems anymore since I've started smoking. Also, when I'm high, I think a lot more deeply than I usually do and I can understand things a lot better. Although sometimes my attention span sucks while I'm high, I am able to look at different perspectives a lot better and analyze things more thoroughly.

I also get very crazy when I'm high. If I'm with the right people, I will have the time of my life. I will do the most random things, and just have a blast. Some people say that it's annoying when someone acts insane when they're high, but I love it. It really helps me get out of my shell.

7. That is not the case at all OP. I enjoy my time sober just as much as my time being high. The best of both worlds.

8. If you found no joy/happiness in life until you started using marijuana the damage was already done before you even sparked your first joint.

If you don't take care of yourself and rely on marijuana to mask the underlying issues behind depression its not the plant's fault.

9. i smoke daily, and have since i started. If i dont smoke one day because of reasons i cant control, then meh, ill smoke tomorrow, no biggy, if i dont smoke because a dealer fucked me around or things didnt go to plan, ill get pissed off, mainly because things didnt go to plan. Its just smoking you can ALWAYS do it another time.