Mycorrhizae Frequency

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by lighterfields99, Jun 13, 2013.

1. how often should one be using a mycorrhizae product after using the initial transplant dose during transplanting?

This is a strictly mycorrhizae product, no trichoderma. 

2. Once the roots are infected by the first application of mycorrhizal spores, you're done. Any subsequent application is a waste of money. Don't let the sales people snow you.......the research is out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp_5J-aPbBQ

3. #3 lighterfields99, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
    so they are essentially infected after first application and need no further applications. interesting. 

thanks.

is there a way to tell if the attempt toward infection was a success or not?

4. #4 Chunk, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
    If your myco product contains glomus interadices or glomus mossae, your plant will be infected as soon as the roots contact the spores. There is a good graphic of this in the video I posted. These are the two species that cannabis associates best with.

If you have the time, read the following thread and it will really help you to understand mycorrhizae and dispels several myths and half truths.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/976433-mycorrhizal-fungi-myths-truths.html

EDIT: Welcome to Grasscity!

Chunk

5. I agree with chunk 100%, although I must admit I do apply it each time I transplant. (generally twice) I know there is no need, but I do this because I only grow 4 plants at a time and the expiration date on the product comes before I use it. So I figure why not use it verses let  its effectiveness deteriorate/expire.

HTH

MGB

6. Hmm...ive been WASTING mycos then :-O!
    I inoculate the soil with it thinking its still be there when the roots come searching, and have previously used it by dusting the rootball with each transplant! Geez!

I use the Rooters though, which is the cheapest brand, so at least I've got that going for me lol.
    About to check that thread out right now!

7. #7 genghiskgro, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    Dont use the tree! Lol

GK