My weed dilemma

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by anchor, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Alright everyone, I've got a bit of decision to make regarding MJ, it's kinda long-winded, so any sort of reply or advise I get is appreciated.

I'll start by introducing myself for a little bit of context: I'm 20, I am a bit of a recluse, I only really hang around with one group of people, and have had no love interest or meaningful relationships with the other sex for a few years. I live in England, where culture dictates that people my age go out every weekend to bars and clubs and get hammered: I hate this. I don't enjoy drinking as I don't like who I become when I drink, and I find it impossible to stay sober in that environment, therefore I stay away.

My problem stems from this, I'd love to meet someone, fall in love etc. but I worry that me blazing up on a weekend with friends is the reason why this looks increasingly unlikely. I realise that I will never meet anyone new when getting high in my living room. But drinking and partying just feels so uncomfortable to me.

I love bud, I don't intend to quit and I feel like I have a healthy 'relationship' with weed, but do you think it could be hindering me socially?

Cheers,
    Anchor

2. Just find a girl that likes to smoke as much as u. I don't know much about england but iono you don't have to go to a bar to meet girls.

Sent from....... wouldn't you like to know. Probably your mamas house.

3. yo dude I used to be like you man I still don't really like drinking I do occasionally but my suggestion to you is go find a job or go to college, I used to work at this store got know this girl an we have been together for like a year an five months, ask girls at college or work if they smoke weed if you don't feel like that stop smoking for a month or so go to Amsterdam save up money an ask girls there there's a good chance you'll get a girl from England or use a dating site plenty of fish and the first thing or very early into the convo ask her if she smokes you'll get there bro it happens man especially when you least expect it man

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. #4 msx952, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
    what you wrote up there is pretty much me to a T. i'm pretty much stuck in the same friendship group i've had since the middle of high school (6 years ago) and like you say culture does indeed dictate that most people my age (18) go out and go to clubs, bars, etc every weekend to get hammered and then complain on the sunday, then re-do it all the next weekend. i don't like drinking. i went clubbing around newcastle with my friends 3 weeks ago and it was fucking dire. i looked around and just thought wtf am I doing here man. weed probably isn't that much of an issue, but if you smoke it with your friends then i suggest going to house parties and shit would put you in the right direction because you're bound to find a connection there (kinda cheesy lol)

unless you're 16, in high school and use facebook/twitter to communicate with girls, then sadly bars/nightclubs are the only full proof way to get into girls in the UK. as i write this post i'm down to my last nug and i've lost contact with yet another dealer. the fucking joys of being british  :(

edit well now my guy has replied. thank fuck! lol

5. #5 GAVMAN, Nov 4, 2013
    [quote name="msx952" post="18934069" timestamp="1383600188"]what you wrote up there is pretty much me to a T. i'm pretty much stuck in the same friendship group i've had since the middle of high school (6 years ago) and like you say culture does indeed dictate that most people my age (18) go out and go to clubs, bars, etc every weekend to get hammered and then complain on the sunday, then re-do it all the next weekend. i don't like drinking. i went clubbing around newcastle with my friends 3 weeks ago and it was fucking dire. i looked around and just thought wtf am I doing here man. weed probably isn't that much of an issue, but if you smoke it with your friends then i suggest going to house parties and shit would put you in the right direction because you're bound to find a connection there (kinda cheesy lol)unless you're 16, in high school and use facebook/twitter to communicate with girls, then sadly bars/nightclubs are the only full proof way to get into girls in the UK. as i write this post i'm down to my last nug and i've lost contact with yet another dealer. the fucking joys of being british :(edit well now my guy has replied. thank fuck! lol[/quote] I agree with this dude parts are the way forward Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum partys

6. #6 Weedity, Nov 4, 2013
    I'M NOT ALONE!  :hello: 

Really man, same situation. Me and my last girlfriend broke up two months ago, my heart still aches, and the only thing in life I really ever enjoyed was love. 

Now all I see is sluts and douchebag guys that party all the time. It's like shit, where is anyone with any intelligence at!? Any girl that ISN'T a slut!? 

Realized, I just need to focus on ME. Go into the Union, become a sheet metal worker, make bank, smoke dank, and the girl will eventually come. I don't need to go to a club, or a bar, and compete with a bunch of useless douchebag men because the women there are blind. 

7. Youre not the only one of your kind in England. Obviously, what you said about culture dictating young people's actions isn't entirely true, if it was, youd be right there with them.

Most importantly, especially for introverts like you and me, if you are actively seeking a girlfriend... you will fail, miserably. Trust me on this one. Instead, do whatever it is that makes you happy. If youre perfectly happy right now (minus the gf part) keep doing what youre doing. Happy people attract happy people. Your girl will come out of nowhere when you least expect it, and itll be great.

If youre not happy right now, and you think you would be happy if you had a girlfriend, youre wrong. If this is the case, if you did find a gf, youd be miserable because you will think its unfair to do her thing at times, whatever it is that makes her happy, and not being with you 100% of the time, in order to make you happy. And when she breaks up with you..lets just say youll be in a real dark place for a long time, because she would have been the source of all your happiness.

I didnt really understand where your wed dilemmea came from or was about, but keep puffin da herb mayng

Sent from my Eris using Grasscity Forum mobile app

i'm not sure if you're british but i am and once again this is me to a t. i work in construction (site carpentry), all that matters to me is getting paid, smoking and making sure i'm tight with my friends. i have an on/off girlfriend but shes only really there for sex

9. Dude you kind of just made me feel a lot better. Like I'm doing fine, I'm a good looking guy, fit, college, girls being attracted to me hasn't been a problem but yet I'm single because I just don't want to deal with these complete dumb sluts. All they do is literally chug beer until they can barely stand and hook up with these club girls and that's just not me. But socially it's been really bad... Because I'm not doing the stereotypical college stuff I've just been filling my weekends burning with a few close friends...every time. I've been sort of down lately because I'm never getting any girls or meeting new people because I'm always saying no to their invites of "bro this weekend we're getting fucked up at the bar and heading to mad hatters (club)" that's just not me so I stay in and burn. But I have to realize it's not so bad, I'm in school and have a great job that doesn't drug test. I'm fine, I'm just going to focus on me and smoke that dank and whenever a girl comes she'll come. I rambled and explained it bad but hopefully you get what I mean, random but thanks man :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Sounds like to me we are exactly the same man. Like to the very detail, same situation.

It sucks being more conserved and lonely, but I tried going out, tried "fitting" in and it's just not worth it.

I'd rather stick close with my few buddies, smoke weed, get my life together, and meet a decent girl later on. 

It really does feel good to know I am not the only one stuck in this paradox...

11. i dont love people like i love weed.
    who was there for me when hs sucked. weed
    whose there for me when work sucks. weed.
    whose there for me when i feel like jamming a knife into my neck. weed.

12. dude when you start making bank take yourself a well deserved trip to the dam dude and just chill you never know man could get with a cool stoner chick

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum