My view on why weed is illegal.

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by dean12345, Jul 23, 2012.

1. We all know Marijuana has been proven to kill cancer cells, that it helps with glaucoma and so on. Cannabis is a medical miracle. But, what if the government knows more than we do? What if weed can cure a multitude of diseases along with cancer and the government makes it illegal so people can't be cured from these diseases to help with population control? (If you believe in all this New World Order, Illuminati stuff) Think about it, it makes sense.

Also, there's really no incentive for the government to legalize because as long as people are inflicted with these diseases, they have to keep BUYING supplies and other medicines for themselves. Thus, the pigs in Washington make money.

Just a high thought.

2. We all know Marijuana has been proven to kill cancer cells, that it helps with glaucoma and so on,,, is this proven what i know it is used cure wound,, i was know that when i chat my friend in chatwing chatbox which i embided in my website. :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

3. I'll be honest - that's just conspiracy theory bull imo.

There's a hundred other explanations that make WAY more sense. I couldn't hate the Government any more than I already do, but I'm not stupid enough to think they never have good intentions. It's often the good intentions that are the most disastrous.

But quite honestly - the simple fact is that WE don't want it legal. It's sad, but mostly true. Even among individual states, we can't seem to get cannabis legal - even the one's that are known for being pro cannabis. Sure, this is due to lack of education and even miseducation from previous Governments, but the fact remains. The Government would be a lot more receptive of legalizing Cannabis if the population in general was more receptive of legalizing Cannabis. This will pass in time - as previous generations die off.

4. Basically, it makes more money being illegal.
    Eventually, that will change and like most thing prohibited...when it pays to make it legit, it will be legal.

5. there's a million uses for hemp. Could save the rainforest and shit. I think it would make more money being legal especially after tax.

6. The only way to legalize marijuana is to just keep doing it and try to get others too if you can( just don't force it on others). The numbers have been growing. In 2009 40% of americans were in favor of legalization. 2 years later its 50%! That's 10% of the population in little time. I think by 2015 that number will be much bigger with hopefully atleast on state legalized. Btw incase someone didn't hear there are a few states trying to legalize this year

7. The old "say no to drugs" generation is starting to die off. If we teach our children that there is nothing wrong with marijuana, other children will follow, and they are our future. Its up to us

8. #8 sunsett70, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
    Bull? wake up and smell the coffee! the OP said it rightly , it's the money. what could make "Way more sense" than money in corporate america???

Good intentions, haha, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And good intentions can never hold back the push of corporate america.

You reply imply that "We" have power. Democrats or Republicans, power in the people's hand, that's an illusion, pal. How do you think Romney or Obama comes up with their hundreds of million of campaign funds? from the mom & pops of america? get real, man.

Check out how much is spent on elections The Money Behind the Elections | OpenSecrets

billions, man, billions. and i can guarantee it's not your mom or pop that's contributing the majority of the $$$. yeah, your congress IS owned by big biz (oil, pharma, medical, energy etc etc). So do you think that the Big Biz would pour millions/billions into an election campaign just so the elected representative/congress, with their good intentions, could "take good care of the people"? haha.

and this http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2012/jan/29/us-politics-vote-money-wins

"the simple fact is that WE don't want it legal" a lie. recent polls show >50% of americans want it legalized. just that, at this moment, the Government/congress knows which way their bread is buttered.

open your eyes, man......

9. The only fear I have is if bud does become legal then big corporations will start butchering the plant just like they do tobacco and make it just as harmful as smoking cigarettes.

Not only that but I'm assuming that Monsanto would jump on patents for the plant if it became legal and I think most people here know what that would mean.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. Or maybe I'm just baked.

10. If it's legal we can grow it

11. It really depends on how they decide to regulate it. You never know. They could start putting patents on plants and strains and seeds, next thing you know they make it illegal to grow your own without permission from the patent owner of the strain.

12. LOL it's not about population control. It's about the pharmaceutical industrial complex NEEDING to generate exorbitant revenues. They have much invested interest in their own drugs that they want to make you believe that you need. They want people to believe that they need to be medicated on THEIR drugs to be healthy. The whole medical industry in this country (USA) is a fucking joke.

13. Damn near anything that's actually fun is illegal marijuana, coke, hookers, m16s, etc

14. YES! These gigantic companies make more money than your calculator can count up. They depend on people suffering, and in no way would love to see their patient be naturally cured or stop taking synthetic shit... the saddest part is that people cannot realize this.

As for weed legalization, I give it another couple years, we're not far, definitely not far from it... it shall be exciting and liberating! But that whole patent idea that someone mentioned earlier.. scary haha

15. It won't be legalized until people actually get together and do something about it.

And I've been hearing this shit that's it's only a matter of time for so many years, I wish people would stop lying to themselves.