My very first grow - pics, questions, please help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thelovecats, Jun 13, 2007.

1. I planted these seeds 5 days ago, have kept CFL's on them constantly and just today put a fan in there to strengthen the stalks. So besides my original question of:

Do these look 'normal' for 5 days old?

my other questions are...

- How much should the little guys be moving due to the fan? So little that you can barely notice? Or just not hurricane wind speeds?

- I'm using two types of CFL's. 1 soft white tube (75watt output, uses 17watts of energy) and two daylight 26watt (100watt incandescent, 1750 lumens each). I know this is nowhere near enough light/lumens... so can anyone give me any suggestions on what kind/how many CFL's to use? And is it alright to use both kinds (soft white and daylight) at the same time?

- And lastly, what's with the big one? It's stalk is really long and it tilts over to the side.

Attached Files:

2. First issue is they are stretching for light. thats why the stems are long and they are falling over. you can prop them up by adding soil and burying the bottom of the stem, or using a pencil or skewer.
    You need alot more light to make anything out of these plants. First thing is the lights you have need to be alot closer to the plants, few inches if possible.
    You have a decent growing area you should invest in a 400 or 600 Watt HPS. I've seen successful grows with CFL's but if you have the space you should go MH/HPS.