My vape experience - a year in the making

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by unisonruss, Apr 3, 2013.

1. A quick background on my history with marijuana. As a teen I enjoyed using it occasionally strictly in party settings, but I could never forget the fact that it seemed to help me out in a lot of ways, medically. I have suffered from depression for many years, as well as insomnia, so I got my medical marijuana card. Ever sinse, I am doing so much better! This has definitely been the right treatment of medication, versus taking prescription drugs from a psychiatrist (which almost happened).

I started as I once used it, by smoking it. I rolled a lot of joints, I had a bong, a waterpipe, and an incredibowl. The smoke began to irritate my lungs a little (noticed when I was running), so I got into reading about vaporizers. I started with the one that most people probably start with: the magic flight launch box. And while I love the unit, and still do, I got kind of tired of it. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing piece and it produced incredible vapor, but for me I kind of got tired of using it. I even bought the power adapter. I still love it, because sometimes I do like to pull it out and use it, and it's easy enough to where most people can use it comfortably, so it's great to bring to parties. And it's definitely the most portable, and produces vapor in as little as three seconds. Still keep it around.

I also bought a VaporGenie glass Sherlock pipe, the arizer solo, and the arizer extreme q.

The VG is a cool vape just to have a few puffs with a lighter, and it's well-designed and easy to clean. It works great, and that's another one I like to use sometimes, but it can be easy to combust your materials if you are not careful. Also, friends have a hard time with that one. I still keep it around.

The extreme Q was a cool vape, but it got dirty way too fast, and I got sick of cleaning it, LOL. Also the bag system was kind of a joke, I don't think it was as efficient as it could be. I got great clouds, but it was work. Plus, in order for optimal vaporization, you must stir the materials often. I don't know about you guys, but I don't really feel like messing with my herbs while I am enjoying it. I just want to sit back and relax! Sold it.

The Arizer Solo was cool, too. But, it was too big and bulky to be considered portable. The vapor tasted nice, but I ended up just not using it very much. I also didn't like having a separate glass piece to worry about, especially when I was going out. Sold it.

I then went through a concentrate phase. I got into dabbing, and bought a G Pen, as well as a nail and dome. Still love good wax, but I still prefer the high I get from flowers. Concentrates are great though, if you need something right away, because of how potent the effect is. Sold everything...never really felt like dabbing.

I bought the pax by ploom (whie medicated one night, admittedly), because I had been wanting it for a while...pretty much when I first started vaping. It was really good looking, seemed to pack a punch, and had great reviews (finally started researching). I absolutely love it, and use it quite often. Actually, it's my second most used vape right now. It heats up really fast, and the vapor is delicious. But again, you have to clean it a lot. It gets a little annoying once it starts to stick. Easy, but a pain! Still keep it around.

And finally, I got around to doing what I had wanted to do all along. I bought a Volcano Digit. The volcano is the Ferrari of vaporizers, no doubt. And that comes with a price tag. I finally gave in, and I am so happy I did. This thing is just absolutely amazing. The heat up is ridiculously fast, it is highly efficient, and it gets me higher than any of the other vaporizers I listed above, with the exception of the concentrates, obviously. But comparing other flower vaporizers, the volcano wins by many, many miles. Also, it's insane how delicious your medication tastes. It tastes so pure, and it's just incredible. And lastly, cleaning is so few and far between, there's barely any maintenance at all. And the thing just works out-of-the-box.

I think I finally found the vape I am happy with. I will use the volcano digit as my primary. The magic flight will probably be for outdoorsy stuff and camping. Pax will be great for when I have to be out and about for the day or night. And the ladies like that one, too :cool:

Loving the volcano, no better in my book.

By the way, I have tried other vaporizers besides the ones listed above, primarily at smokeshops and friend's houses. I'm pretty sure I've tried them all at this point. Volcano still wins, I highly recommend it :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maybe one day I will pick up a used Volcano, but I can't really imagine upgrading from Da Buddah at the moment, the device is perfect. I'd gladly spend my money on herb before upgrading from it because I don't need the bag functionality (not trying to entertain parties with my vaporizer, just friends) and I can live with stirring my bowl (it gives me zero grief).

3. glad to hear you are happy with the volcano. I will stick with my SSV for a long while.

4. How do your lungs feel now? I switched to vaping for the same reasons. I sometimes feel like I'm giving myself a perpetual cold/bloated feeling if I vape every day. I went from a purple days log to a SSV. Love it.