Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Trip to the 'Dam! (Pics Inside)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by hellobob09, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Hey blades! I headed to Amsterdam for my Thanksgiving, and I thought I'd throw up some photos from my trip! Hope you all enjoy! :)

I'll start with my pick-ups! I was only in town for two days, so I didn't buy too much.

Some Blueberry I picked up.

Real smooth smoke, very stony high.
    [​IMG]

Some 60% Indica, 40% Sativa I picked up. I had a few pints of Heineken before buying, so I can't exactly remember the name. :D

Not as good as the Blueberry, but still better smoke than I usually get in the states.
    [​IMG]

Some hash I grabbed, 10 Euro for a gram.

This was some great stuff, smoked like a forest fire.

[​IMG]

My pre-flight breakfast, courtesy of Hill Street Blues. ;)

[​IMG]

Posting up at a bar, with my pipe and my pint of Heineken. :)

[​IMG]

A place you're all familiar with. :cool:

[​IMG]

I had plenty of bud at this point, so I just hung out in the cafe, smoking and drinking.

A friendly local who kept me company while I waited for the bathroom. :smoking:

[​IMG]

Now, for some scenery!

Dam Square!
    [​IMG]

Some street art I thought deserved a snap.

[​IMG]

My pre-flight smoke spot!

[​IMG]

Hope these photos aren't too big!

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, even though it was unfortunately short.

The whole prostitution thing wasn't really my cup of tea, but I'd recommend all you blades make your way over to Amsterdam in your life-time!

2. Beautiful. Looks like you had a great time. Man, I'd love to be able to go to my local coffee shops and get some bud :smoking:

Are the people pretty pleasant around there? How would you compare it to where you live?

3. That looks like so much fun. I cannot wait to experience it for myself.

Love the pics.

4. I've wanted to go for years.. money issues suck. How much was the trip? how's the weed prices vs the states?

5. It was great to be able to smoke without any hassle or paranoia! :)

The people of Amsterdam were generally very nice! There were a few obnoxious teenagers and some crazies, but that's to be expected with any city.
    I got the vibe that it was a big party place, but then again I was there on a Thursday and Friday.

I live in a small Alabama town, so it was a lot more active than my town, but like I said, it was a great place to stay.

It was a blast!
    Thanks man! :)

It's so expensive to travel in Europe too, with the poor exchange rate and generally higher prices. :(

The bud was much cheaper per gram than where I'm from, but I didn't buy over 1.2 at a time because of my short stay so I can't comment on weight.
    The bud and hash was top notch as well! :smoking:

6. The pipe and Heineken picture made me so jealous! Sounds like a wonderful trip haha gotta visit there some time!

7. Awesome pics OP.

I just got back from Amsterdam at the end of September. Was there for 7 days with my girl, was my third trip there. Love the city.

After this last trip I said it would be a few years before I go back again..... but I'm really thinking about going back in April lol

8. It was an awesome experience for sure man, I hope you can make your way over! :)

Thanks man!
    I’m already planning another trip in early December and hoping to head back over in the spring as well, I’m too excited to go back. :D

9. LOL All the times I've gone I didn't want to come back, both the last time and the time before I was seriously considering trading in my plane tickets and staying longer.

Here's one of the views from the hotel apartment room I rented last time. I miss it lol

Attached Files:

10. I landed on 4/20 in the dam this yr, best 4/20 ever. Stayed for almost a month, it was wonderful. The spacecake is definitely a preflight breakfast ritual, mine started to kick in around the time I landed for my connector in London, and I smoked a joint in the car on the way to schiphol, after I had eaten my spacecake.

My favorite 2 strains out of all of them that I sampled were the Super Silver Haze, and Amnesia. The best spacecake I ate, ended up being from a local I met in a coffeeshop just outside of Amsterdam in Utrecht. I ate 2 marble hash cakes from abraxis in the dam and they didnt do much. The hash was wonderful, my "go to" was super pollum, and I'd buy the occasional Ice hash too though.

My favorite shop was Abraxis because they had free wireless, and good hash. I would find bud deals, like 2.9G for 20Euro, and buy good hash to mix because I don't dig on the tobacco mix. Good times man, thanks for the walk down memory lane with the pics!

11. Aww, I love that cat. Great pics, looks like you had a really good time!

12. bet you flew home high(pun) huh?

13. Cant lie, Amsterdam looks like New Jersey, with more weed

14. I would never leave if I could, but that is not viable at this point in my life, haha.
    Looks like you had some killer lodging with a nice view!
    PM the info of that room, I'd be VERY interested in staying there my next visit! :D

Lucky bastard! Unfortunately my stay was short, and my flight was long. :(
    My flight was straight back to H-J Airport, so I spent a lovely 9-hours in the air.

I didn't get a chance to sample too many different varieties of bud, but I look forward to really taking a bite out of the city my next visit! ;)

I had some cake from Amnesia and it was pretty underwhelming, I'd recommend Hill Street Blues cake over Amnesia.

Glad you liked the pics man! :)

Seeing the cat was very surreal, especially because I was stoned! :smoking:

He actually killed a mouse while I was there having a pint, spilling blood across the floor, and I couldn't help but think how people would freak out over that in the US!

I had an excellent time! I'd wholeheartedly recommend it! :)

Unfortunately I was so incredibly high by the time I boarded the plane, that I fell asleep, only to wake 30 minutes later for lunch, completely sober. :mad:

Luckily I had a business class ticket, so free cocktails kept me amicable. :D

Really now?
    Amsterdam reminded more of Venice, with a hint of Dubrovnik/Kotor.

A very unique European city indeed.

Definitely didn't get a Jersey vibe…haha

Glad to see everyone enjoyed the pictures! :wave:

15. Trust me.... I've been to New Jersey.... New Jersey isn't anything like Amsterdam.

16. Thanks for the post, really well done!

17. Shorty I been to both places, they are similiar

18. Spent hella time in Jersey back 94-99

19. Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed it!

I'm with ILLOGIK on this one, I've been to both as well and I see few, if any, similarities…

Also, 'shorty'...really?
    What is this the early 90s? :rolleyes:

20. May is the best time to head over to Amsterdam, the flowers are in bloom and the weather is great. Too gray and cold in December.