Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My trip through hell, the 4th dimension and back

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Amator herbae, Oct 9, 2010.

1. [quote name='Amator herbae']Too much too fast?QUOTE]

Seems like you got the answer bro :)

Cool story though man :)

2. Damn. I wish I could've gotten that high my first time... too bad my first time was with a joint.... very pleasant experience but I'd have liked to trip balls just for the story Id get out of it, nice story man.

3. Haha, that was funny as hell man.

4. sounds like you were ripped bro.

5. haha that story was great to read. you just got really high like everyone said and didnt know how to react. dont let that ruin weed for you though try to smoke again but out of a pipe or joint. i wish i could still get as high as that though enjoy it while you can because it wont last for too long.

6. It's normal maybe to have an 80 to 100 bpm heart rate like you get when you consume a massive amount of caffeine but a 160 to 200 bpm heart rate is *dangerous* *especially* when it causes *arrhythmias* is it did with me and even possible *fibrillation*.

Maybe I am "allergic to pot" if what you say is true. :_( Maybe with my sensitivity to stimulants my body just can't take it. :( This sucks. :(

7. #27 ilovegoogle34, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
    honestly, the third time i ever smoked, this EXACT thing happened to me. everything you're describing is spot on and i never could really explain it to people. believe me, your weed wasn't laced. if you had more, and you smoked it, i guarantee you wouldn't be telling us that same story!

get some normal mids, get a bowl, pack it regular and take a few hits. slow, regular, no rush or anything. just mellow out! if it happens again, well that's a shame. but if it doesn't, then welcome to the wonderful world of weed.

and i can't stress enough, don't think about it happening again. i know you're still going to do it, because i did too, but really just try to chill out and enjoy it. if things go south, the one thought that always helped me was "this will all be over within a couple of hours" and remember, your buds are going through the exact same feelings as you! their time is probably going just as slow as yours!

8. #28 DRTYDUB21, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
    Only sativa strains are really viewed as being stimulants. Indicas, which you are much more likely to get, are actually a depressant. But, MJ is considered a mild hallucinogen, not a stimulant or a depressant because those effects vary depending upon the strain. What you are describing is a panic attack. Ive had my BPM shoot up over 200 while having a sever panic attack.

May ask why you are on a CNS depressant? MJ can aggravate an existing mental condition and you should talk to your Dr more about it..

9. I lol'd so hard at this part.
    Your BPM was high, yes, but you have to take into consideration everything else you said too. You said you had a lot of caffeine, and that you were really nervous, and excited too, I'll bet. All of that combined is probably what made your heart rate go so high. Next time, remain calm since you know what to expect now, and don't consume so much caffeine. Unlike the cannabis, the caffeine can kill you.

10. I just got off a 40 day long t-break and I experianced the same thing as you. I smoked 2 bowls of nug. As soon as I stood up it was a like I hit a massive brick wall and I knew I was baked lol. But of course my towns damn fire whistle/alarm goes off and scared the shit out of me causes me to go to panic attack mode(I was so baked I was going around in circles trying to find where the sound was coming from). Although i've had a panic attack before so I knew I wasn't going to die (though it felt like it) and I just layed down on my bed and ate some snacks and soon enough it passed. :cool:
    tl;dr smoked to much. panic attacks suck

11. haha I can't believe people freak out from weed. I smoked like five fat hits my first time, and I always smoke at the minimum dimes to the face with no problem. Some people are more sensitive than others I guess.

12. Man i've convinced myself of some paranoid shit when I used to get "too high". I'd like think my appendix was bursting or something, because that had happened to a friend of mine. Like I become aware of my organs and can imagine certain painful feelings lol.

13. You got high as fuck.

Next time that happens, act like an adult and deal with it without bothering others.

I don't mean to be rude to you because this happens to everyone, but I just wan't to let you know the one thing you do when you smoke is not flip out externally. Nothing kills buzzes like having to worry about someone. Keep it inside and ride it out, and if you feel like your to fucked up and are freaking out, just walk home and fall asleep on a comfy, warm safe place and remember nothing bad is going to happen.

But everyone has one time where they get WAY to high and just can't deal with it, consider this a lesson to know how to act, and remember that something worse could have happened.

14. Kava Kava is also a mild hallucinogen and I've taken MASSIVE amounts of that and nothing really scary or trippy happened. I remember I felt really happy and kind of zoned out. I was hallucinating, but it was a pleasant dance of patterns behind my eyes -- very vivid with the eyes closed. No panic attacks.

Obviously my anxiety meds are hardly working.

I have severe ( but now controlled ) clinical OCD. The CNS depressants are the Xanax (Alprazolam) and Klonopin (Clonazopam) that I take for OCD related anxiety and also just generalized anxiety disorder and acute panic disorder. ( panic attacks ) I've been on them so long that I've developed a tolerance and a physiological dependence so it's more like taking candy pills. The night of the incident I was just desperate to get some kind of relief. As for my doctor, I live in Texas, so.... there's not a very positive public attitude toward "illicit" "drugs." ( in the case of cannabis, plants ) I'm afraid I might get reported or something.

On a side note I was prescribed Marinol ( dronabinol -- synthetic THC ) once, and I was still on all the same meds as I am now, but I turned the psychiatrist ( it was an experimental program and this was a different psychiatrist ) down because I had read all manner of horror stories related to Marinol on the web. :D Ironic isn't it?

15. Haha, that's weird than. Bud can cause panic attacks for me, but since I've been smoking for a while I can always talk myself down rather easily but I'm lucky that I can realize when one is happening and calm myself no matter what substance I am on. I think you just smoked a bit to much, also MJ can react with your meeds, not necessarily in a bad way, but it can make bud seem almost "stronger", at least I know it can happen for me. Also caffeine can cause a panic attack, I personally feel that the combo of a bit of initial anxiety, caffeine, and to much bud lead to the bad experience. Try smoking just a bit next time, and see if that is better.

Also, never be afraid to talk to your Dr. Dr patient confidentiality doesn't allow him to report anything you tell him unless you are harming yourself, going to harm yourself, or going to harm someone else. You never know what your Dr opinion is, and it's best that you are 100% honest with health care professionals. Haven't you ever seen house? LOL

GL bro, next time you blaze just try and be in a good state of mind, no caffeine, and smoke less.

16. Believe me when I say that pretty soon you'll be quite upset you can't go back to this situation.

17. Believe me when I say that it is extremely depressing when I see posts such as yours on here. I love getting transported to cartoon land off one bowl. Alas, I fear the future holds a similar situation for me. :(

I remember you said you're taking a t-break. If thats still happening I'd love to hear the results man keep me posted
    :smoke:

18. I went a little nut my first time as well. i walked into my friends back yard and ripped a blunt with my friend and his dealer, the first hit killed my lungs but didnt really get me high(i dont know why). we went inside and watched Planet Earth(the best shit ever), and then after a night of drinking we sobered up and went up to his room and ripped his bong. I took what i think is still my biggest hit ever and almost threw up. the next thing I knew I thought i could walk on the wall. I didnt know how i felt about it the next day but I gave it one more try and now I visit Mary Jane in times of stress and she helps me stay relaxed and understanding even when Im not high, unlike right now.

Try it again but this time take the pipe and just try to relax. I learned very early on that its not the weed that does the relaxing, its you. So just clear your mind and ride it like you would a wave on a surfboard.

19. So you were taking measure of your bloodpressure and hear rate when you did this?

20. You sir, were realllllllllllllllllly stoned. Hope you enjoyed it. :smoking: