my trees have sprouted

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blazelord420., Jun 2, 2017.

1. okay, so i just need to know the next step.
    should I do 24 hr lights or 18/6 lights? i have about 80 watts on 3 plants.
    im excited

2. You need at least 100w per plant and the lighting schedule is up to the growers preference. Some growers believe allowing the plant to have a night time (18/6) gives the plant time to rest and use some of the energy its used from the lights. Other growers believe that constant light (24/0) will give the plant more energy overall and help it grow better using this extra energy. Really it is up to you and which you prefer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. One thing for sure you need more than 80 watts for 3 plants. At least 300w and thats for minimum production.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I personally do (24/0) for the first 2 weeks and then (18/6) until i switch to flowering (12/12)

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

5. You do not need 100watts per plant it's recommend to have a minimum of 50 per plant actually can have less I would say 100 would give nice tight high quality buds[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. thank you, i can easily add more lights!! :))) i was told 13w per plant at the least :0 sorry i am misinformed..

7. 50w per plant isnt near enough. I would typically do 6 plants in a 4x4 does that mean i only need 300w to fill a 4x4?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yeah thank you for the response, i was misinformed by a friend

9. i will do this

10. No because it will only cover 9 square feet and a 4x4 is 16 square feet so you'd need to calculate the space first he said 2.5x2.5 that's 6.25 square feet 300 watts gives you way more than enough light for that space in a 3x3 it's barely enough and buds come out fluffy in my 4x4 I use a 710 actual wattage Mars 1600 led light made for 4x4 tent with high end results I've harvested with a 337.5 watt LED in a 3x3 and pulled almost 13 ounces dry before it was just really fluffy because you need more watts for tight bud but 50 watts per square foot is productive because I harvested near 13 ounces dry with 337.5 watts per square foot

11. I recommend 50 watts min per square foot i like to get as close as possible I'm using near 45 watts a square foot but it can be done with as little as 25watts a square foot

12. It was a rhetorical question ...

13. It's all good I was just trying to explain and I'm high lol

• Like Like x 1