My time has come.. But requires advice.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by VooDooWizzy, Jan 18, 2013.

1. I've been around GC for years and consistently reading up on cultivation. My time has come, where I am in the position to breed about 4-6 children.

Supplies i already have are as listed:
    ALL AUTO/FEM SEEDS from Attitude
    3 Auto Pounders
    1 Critical mass
    1 White Widow
    1 Sugar mango ryder
    3 StarRyder
    -----------------------
    5.8Litre (1.53 g) pots
    1 20 inch fan
    Moisture Meter
    Hygrometer
    Thermometer
    8 qt. Dry Ferti-lome Perlite
    7L Sphagnum Moss
    1.8LB Shake n Feed Miracle Gro food
    3.5 LB Espoma Kelp Meal
    2LB High Yield hydrated lime
    1 Cu/Ft Miracle Gro Potting mix
    ---------------------------------
    This is my first op and after researching Autos, i believe most of this will be put to use.
    I need experience to tell me what I do and dont need out of this.
    --I probably need bigger pots, 2-3 gallons correct?
    --The most confusing part for me is lighting. I know little about it.
    I didnt see high enough wattage in retail stores, nor did i see a whole kit, it was the bulb by itself.

Please give me advice on lightning (or anything else) for my op, these babies are longing to break out their shell!:gc_rocks::smoking:

2. Use a 1000 watt setup. Use a MH bulb for veg and an HPS for flower. And I beg you NOT to use Miracle Grow anything. Trust me.

3. 1000 for 4-6 plants?

Any recommendations of retail soil/food/nutes?

4. Ok. Do they sell complete lighting kits with fixtures etc retail? Didnt see any that had the wattage

5. I have read that Soil thread before disciple, i have peat moss, perlite, lime and kelp. is this enough for the life of the plant?

6. #7 xDisciplex, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013

If you read it why are you asking me?

In short no if you dont want to buy nutes to mix with your water.

Go read it again

7. Absolutely. I grow six plants at a time and for flowering I use a 1000 watt HPS AND 500 watts of MH. And if you ask me it's still not enough light. Keep in mind that you're attempting to replicate the sun for god's sake. No easy feat.

And unless you plan to keep your plants on the smaller side you have to think about the footprint that the lighting puts out. The higher the light is away from the plants the bigger the footprint, but the idea here is to keep the lighting as close to the canopy of the plants as you can without burning them or causing heat stress. High powered fans and an air cooled hood work wonders with keeping the heat around the canopy down. But again, the closer the lights are to the plants the smaller the footprint (light spread) will be.