My third grow! Managed to get over a pound dry off three plants using 300watt LED!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by The 'Nado, Aug 18, 2020.

1. #1 The 'Nado, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    This was from two Granddaddy Purple's and a single Blue Dream. 135 grams of blue dream and 327 grams of GDP!

My setup for this grow was as follows:

Three 5 gallon smart pots.

I used the "Hybrid" "Boost" and "Calcium" fertilizers from Green House Feeding - Keep it Simple!

(URL was written wrong, had to edit)

I used a mixture of Fox Farms "Happy Frog" and "Ocean Forest" with it being more OF than HF. I also added some mycorrhizae and worm castings and mixed that all together. Then I mixed in some vermiculite and perlite for drainage and water retention.

My tent is 4' x 2' x 6' and I have a single 6" clip fan constantly blowing air around inside the tent. I also have an inline fan that draws air out of that tent and pushes through a carbon filter into the grow room itself. I have another 6" inline fan that sucks air through a carbon filter and dumps it outside my dryer vent.

I used a Mars hydro TSL 2000 as my light from seedling to harvest. It's a 300watt quantum board and I typically just keep it at the very top of my tent as any closer and my plants always get stressed!

I obviously topped and did a small amount of LST this grow as well! I'm really happy with how it turned out! Actually very excited I finally was able to break the 1lb mark!! All off 300 watts and 8sq feet!! IMG_20200812_082526.jpg signal-2020-08-09-210419.jpg signal-2020-08-09-210419-2.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Daaaaaamn, thats impresssive! That grandaddy swelled ever so nicely wow!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Right?? Grandaddy has to be my favourite strain to grow now. I need to get a rosin press because she is literally coated in crystal. I'm waiting on my friend to come over this week so he can take a couple photos but once I do I'll post em up!

Honestly though if anyone reading this is all about rosin, get growing GDP. She has an amazing terpene profile and produces an unreal amount of trichomes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wow! I might get that strain next ! What else has caused this success?? Any pointers?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well done! Nice looking plants

• Like Like x 1
  6. that is awesome, well done.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I switched to reverse osmosis and re-add magnesium/calcium. I had to do RO because my towns water constantly bounces between 6.5 and 8.8 pH and it was causing me all sorts of problems.

I also trim my plants pretty aggressively. Especially this time I made sure to keep my flowers in direct light. If a leaf was blocking a flower it got cut. I topped my plants twice and let them go from there!

It's really important to keep a somewhat even canopy so you can maximise the amount of light that can cover the plants!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Good haul friend. I read you used 5 gallon pots? Since you did,do you see a benefit to use 7 gallon pots? I asked because I started with a 3 gallon fabric and needed more so I used the only thing I had which was a 5 gallon bucket but even before I used it i already thought I want 7 gallon fabric. Thanks

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wow Cool Great Fantastic and Awesome!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. I used 5 gallon pots with 3 plants in the tent so I only vegged them for 3 or 4 weeks. It was definitely short of 4 weeks. They didn't grow very big so the 5 gallon pots were perfect!

Now I am growing 2 plants in the same tent size and vegging for 5-6 weeks and I've already noticed the 5 gallon pots are going to be needing water much more frequently and I will need to watch for nutrient deficiencies as they grow even larger. I can ameliorate deficiencies by adding more nutrients to my water but because I will have to water more frequently (right now it's every 1.5 days, by next month it will be every day!) I risk salt buildups and the pH problems that typically come with it.

All that to say, I will be getting some 7 gallon pots for my next grow for sure! :)

11. Nutes used for veg and nutes used for flower? and what soil and where did you get seeds online from that's legit?

12. Amazing job bro beautiful!

Summer.

• Like Like x 1
  13. What Strain from grandaddy Purple was this bro?

Summer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. I purchased the seeds from a guy in Ontario! Who the hell knows if he is legit but I've had nothing but banger harvests from his seeds! I've grown his granddaddy purple, green crack (tastiest weed I've ever smoked!), White Widow (I wasn't super happy but I also probably harvested a bit too early, I'll grow it again some day!), and blue dream! I currently have some of his zkittlez and Cinderella 99 x Blueberry that I just switched to flowering two days ago that seem like the will be amazing!!

Homepage | Dr. Seeds.net

• Like Like x 3
  15. All nutes were from Green House Feeding - Keep it Simple!

I used their "hybrid" for both veg and flower. Added their "boost" around week 2 or 3 of flowering and I use their "calcium" because I use reverse osmosis.

Soil was fox farms ocean forest, fox farms happy frog and some worm castings and perlite/vermiculite all mixed together.

I buy my seeds from Homepage | Dr. Seeds.net

16. Wow man nice job on this grow! I grew some GDP and it didn’t nearly grow as well as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sweet bro! That cinderella is gonna take you played when finishied:love-mj::love-mj:

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'm curious how long from seedling breaking the surface of soil until you switched to 12/12 flowering? Also what type of cut/training did you do on those plants. I like how you set it up

• Like Like x 1
  19. Way to go!

• Like Like x 1
  20. It wasn't more than 4 weeks from the seeds breaking before I switched to 12/12. It was probably closer to 3 weeks than 4! I went early because I needed flower soon! I topped at the third node (again, sooner than most would) and then again at the fifth node. After that it was just tying stems down to get them to grow the way I wanted!

It wasn't all that much work! Lots of trimming and defoliating alongside a small amount of LST + topping twice and boom! I'd say I maybe put in 10 hours total work from start to finish!