My theory on drugs and how they explain time, life, dimensions to us

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by KushBlowerMan, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Not just going off the top of my head, of course. There is reasonable scientific evidence now to believe that Huxley was right, according to a new study on how drugs like psilocybin, cannabis, and tobacco affect the brain.

This is what your brain on drugs really looks like

Thus, the concepts of time or spacetime or the size of the universe will never be explained by us so long as our brain holds back our perception due to a necessary type of primal survival that is coded into it. When people take stuff like LSD and shrooms, it shows you what perception and life is "really" like.

Another interesting quote from the article regarding how your brain rewires itself due to marijuana:

2. yea there's nothing wrong with using drugs in my opinion..but if they were all legal i think we'd be in short supply..

3. The brain is no more than a filter really. It takes things from the world and deciphers it through electrical signals. Tamper with that and you'll see things differently. I don't think it's too farfetched to say we're not seeing the world for what it really is because of how we're biologically constructed.

4. I use drugs to experience things from a whole new perspective. I find psychedelics to be very mind opening.

5. #6 shaddytheman, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks OP for this insightful article on how drugs boost cognitive functions. There's nothing wrong with drugs, but its a taboo in society due to people disclaiming without finding the ideal knowledge on how they work in the cerebral. Screw Abovetheinfluence.com & Reagan's Just Say No bullshit endorsement, Science has the real answer.

6. We're the painters of our reality.

7. yes thanks for the article OP

8. No doubt that drugs can take us to some very far-out dimensions in reality, been to a few myself and a bit afraid of going out again for the time being. It's unfathomable how much there is really. It's a bit of an adventure I'd say, and a choice more than anything.

Would you rather stay in by the warm fire content with being sedated by the comfortable levels of your mind or go out into the dark night where thousands of worlds await you making you really question the basis of your being?

9. Drugs are amazing, well certain drugs

10. [quote name='"BlazesWthWolves"']I use drugs to experience things from a whole new perspective. I find psychedelics to be very mind opening.[/quote]

Same here

11. Have you ever heard of Terence Mckenna? Here's a random bit off youtube: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBi33DYv3Fw]Terence Mckenna speaks on life - YouTube[/ame]

I use marijuana not to feel good or laugh and get the munchies, but to meditate. Something extremely powerful grabs me every time I'm high... and it makes me want to learn more about the universe and myself. I never want to stop learning, because the more I can connect every bit of truth available in this world, the more whole and complete this picture becomes.

By the way, you will get addicted to Terence Mckenna if you can dig it.

12. ^ yea if you dont know who terence is you may have many nights of headphone bliss ahead of you :p