My test BHO run with pictures

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by smokinbudzzz, Jan 11, 2013.

1. So im waiting for a VAC in the mail and divided to do a test run with some weed and use the water purge method and got this.

[​IMG]

To me it doesn't look right. Its like really hard puddy that if you light it turns into liquid gold.

I used a quarter of really old bud that was really dry. I dont know if that had anything to do with it or what though?

2. Maybe heat the bottom of the dish to maybe purge it more?

3. Purged it a little longer and this is what i got. really stringy oil.

[​IMG]

4. No one can give me some info :( Thanks anyways guys.

5. I don't know a whole lot about oil but I've seen oil that looks like that, a lot of runs look different

6. I made it from nugs so why is it very very dark lol? Its like a really dark red color.

Its this color but darker

[​IMG]

7. It could e dark for many reasons. Coul be from heat... Did u place it under any high temps? Or did u bust up your nugs real fine? Dark oil isn't a bad thing necessarily. Could just be the strain itself.
    Looks like good bho to me tho.

8. Yeah i think i placed it under to high of a heat. It first came out super light gold but then under heat it turned dark. It was just a test run ill be doing the proper steps when i get my VAC purge in the male. I need to buy a laser temperature thing aswell so i know what temp the water and or griddle is at.

9. The other thing i kinda fucked up was i used a quarter in a tube that holds like 2 ounces so im sure i wasted quite a bit of BHO that got stuck to the sides of the glass tube.

10. you said you used really old buds? my guess is old buds = really amber trichs = darker oil

11. Oh yeah never thought of that. That's probably why then. Shit turned into dust when you try to break it apart.