My Stepson is a selfish, ungrateful, disrespectful, lazy, spoon fed piece of garbage,

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by NIXXXON, Mar 24, 2012.

1. ehhh. i was bratty as fuck as a middle schooler. My parents, although strict at times, are generally very calm, and would never lay a hand on me. I eventually learned that being bratty doesn't get you shit...Its probably just a phase, learn to just live with it, find something to motivate the kid, and just wait it out. If he's doing this as a late high schooler/ college student, then kick him the hell out and tell him to fend for himself.

2. Who's to say he's not heading in that direction. I dont want to wait until he's a crime committing teen to be pro active about the situation... and he has no memory of his real father,, but nice try.

Anyways... I just want him to understand that some of the choices he makes today can have an affect on his future. And the disrespect has to stop. But when you try to talk to him about it, he just rolls his eyes or stares at you with this bitter look on his face.

3. I know what you mean,
    Its literally IMPOSSIBLE to get a kid to listen to important shit you have to say and its the most frustrating thing ever.
    I empathize for you OP because I know what its like being in a house where people don't respect what you do to provide for them.
    You'll make it through though don't let this child be the bane of your marriage.

4. #24 Atomic Labrador, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    Boarding school.

I wasn't really a BAD kid, but I did get caught shoplifting (Eventually.), and I made high-C low-B grades, but my mom sent me off to military school on the premise that my deceased dad would have wanted it.

I yelled and argued, even took the documents that came in the mail and destroyed them; I just didn't want to go at all. But it was the first real thing she was stubborn about, and dammit if she didn't keep her foot down on it. After graduating, I thanked her for it. It kept me out of that crummy town that I hated.

And while there were some shitty times at that boarding school, I made the best memories and straightened up, along with making an A average (mandatory 2 hour study every night does that). And if anything, boarding school keeps him out of your hair for awhile.

Or just beat the fuck out of him and make him eat a healthy diet.
    EDIT: Don't actually beat the fuck out of him. Maybe just keep him away from entertainment devices until he smartens up.

5. It is frustrating. He's at his first critical point in his life. Where the forks in the road of life begin to present themselves. If I didnt give a shit, I would just work more and stay outta the house as much as possible, until he really fucked up and ended up in juvie or kicked out by his mother.

6. #26 Mister Anderson, Mar 24, 2012
    Make him stand out by a busy street holding a sign that says something about his bad behavior.

7. I just think he doesn't like you cuz your his step dad. The dude that married and is banging his mom. Sounds like he doesn't take you seriously and won't listen to anything you say. Is your wife harsh with him? Or is it just you?

Sounds like he needs a wake up call. Is he old enough to get a job? Dont let him go to anymore baseball games and make him pay you back for the money he wasted. It's not an empty threat.

Or if you want a quick fix send him to military school lol

But idk if you're being serious about hitting him but never do it. All he needs to do is call the cops and you'd be fucked. Basically if you hit him he wins.

8. First and formost you have to let your wife know how you feel. Be honest second make this kids life a living hell, take everything out his room accept his bed, You have to be strict theres other ways of discipline besides using physical force.

9. She is harder on him. She yells a lot and has smacked him 3 or 4 times. I try to talk to him about what he's doing, his grandparents and Uncles do the same. He's only 13.

10. dude Im pretty sure that how every middle schooler is. Honestly I think its just that Im a badass 7th grade feeling that we all get. I was such a smartass when I was his age. I know its hard for a stepdad because he is probably doesnt like you because your his stepdad. Honestly you need to quit being a pussy, real talk. Talk to your wife and be like he doesnt change he doesnt go to basketball. Stop letting the grandparents spoil him. LAY DOWN THE FUCKIN LAW

The kid is like 13 and you wanna punch him in the face, cool your jets man.

11. I think you should consider talking to your wife about sending him to a military school. I also think this is very ironic considering its a weed forum and youre worried about him doing something illegal :rolleyes:
    edit: didnt catch he was 13, now reading the comments I think you should take everything out of his room except a bed

12. this.

or do nothing at all, watch him fail, and maybe someday he'll pull his head out of his ass. probably after he goes to jail or something...

13. #33 NIXXXON, Mar 24, 2012

If he showed some respect and tryed in school, while smoking bud... There wouldnt be a problem :)

The only thing left in his room is his bed and some books. Been that way for 5 weeks since mid terms. 3rd semester grades came out today and theyre worse than before.

14. What this kid needs is a little military school.

15. so many hostile comments towards a fucking kid. so many of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

i know he's acting like a little shit but try to keep your cool. you will not be able to properly decide how to take care of him for his misbehavior. what does his mother want to do? you need to talk to her about this to try and find a solution.

if she gives you more room to be more of a "father" then you could start beating him but honestly that's a hit or miss, no pun intended. if he's opinionated then it might be harder to get to him because he already has mental walls making him do what he does. if he's just being difficult than beating him might make him realize his behavior isn't worth the pain.

i honestly think that you should just get him evaluated, maybe see if there's different reasons he is being so difficult. one that came to mind is his father being a scrub and not in the picture. emotional events like that leave a "seed" in a person. and the longer the issue isn't addressed the more time the seed has time to blossom into an issue that will effect the outcome of his life.

16. His mom mentioned military school today, looked into it.. Shits fuckin' Expensive as hell. Maybe there's something out there thats a little more reasonable. She also mentioned home schooling, but I dont know

17. mY MOMS WOULD WHOOP MY ASS, SO WOULD MY GRANDPA, GRANDMA AND DAD. BETA HIS ASS INTO OBLIVION. TELL HIS MOM TO SLAP HIM WHEN HE TALKS BACK FUK THAT CHILD ABUSE NOISE HE WILL LEARN.

18. To the pricks who are saying he is a bad stepdad GO FUCK YOURSELF! You dunno him so stfu. Lets see anyone of you little pricks raise a child like this.
    Good luck not punching his head in OP,
    And best of luck.

19. beat his ass. Military school? Home school? Talking? Lololol none of that shit works i see all the moms trying to talk to their kids and they dont listen but the real moms beat their ass and their quiet in a second. Are you a nice white man? Nice white mom?