My sproutlings got little hairs and balls on them

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bongzee, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Ok so the other day after i changed my light bulbs because they wer burning my plants and i noticed little shiny things on my sprout. its on its 2nd set of leaves and its first set of the 3 bladed leaves(after the first 2). I went out and bought a 60-100x microscope thing from radio shack and found that my sprout has little redish clear hairs on it and little clear balls on the leaves. 2 of the leaves are a little yellow and burnt but i doubt its because of that. I was just wondering if this is normal or not because this is my 2nd grow and my 1st 2 plants died. I have 4 more seeds germinating just incase and im just using bag seeds i got over the years because im a noob and i just want to get my growing method down packed so any help would be appreciated..

2. It sounds like your plant is flowering

Post a pic

3. il post a pic but the hairs arent big enough 2 see alone u need a magnifying glass and its only about 2 weeks old

4. What's your light schedule?

5. 18 on 6 off

6. most plants and all cannabis have hairs on them, theyre called trichomes. its usually not until flowering that cannabis developes glandular trichomes, which arent pointy like the other ones, but consist of a tiny resin ball on a stick, kinda like a mushroom. these resin balls are where your plant produces most of its cannabinoids, terpenes and other stuff, which are the psychoactive and aromatic constituents of the finished product.
    if your plant is already making these now, its probably gonna be crazy packed with resin when its finished flowering! Id defenitly take a clone and keep it in veg, that plant may turn out amazing and if it does youre gonna be glad that youve kept it :)

so where did you get the seed and what strain is it if you know?

edit: awww bummer, those are just the boring normal pointy trichomes I mentioned... what, you didnt expect your plant to be hairy? >_>

7. I know it was gona be hairy but its really young and under the wrong light bulbs .i ordered some MH bulbs nd should get them this week and i thought that it dosent start getting hairs until it flowers and its not flowering at least i dont think it is and i thought it was to small to start flowering

8. Thank 4 all the help im pretty sure my plant is healthy

9. What kind of lights are you using?

10. I just moved my plant outside about a week or 2 ago because im visiting family but i was using floresents... I ordered some metal halides and there waiting for me back at my other house and im going to be using those

11. Where do you live? It's not exactly growing season where I live..

12. I live in florida nd i know its not season but i didnt know i was gping to be here 4 this long