my sprout

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by matrix8705, Jan 19, 2007.

1. ok well my sprout has poped soil three days ago and hasnt done much since. is there a problem? right now should i have them on a 24 hour light cycle or a 18/6 light cycle? I have 2 CFL's at 5500Kelvin and only like 27 watt. that should do for now i hope. how far above the sprout should they be, right now they are about 6in away. thanks for any and all help. this is such a great sight and i have done plenty of reading just not much info on sprouts.

2. Eh.. There are a ton of posts to answer this question.

Don't give your plants light before the pop out of the soil.

The lighting doesn't much matter in the first 2 weeks.

It is said by some that 24/7 lights for the first 2 weeks and the switching to 18/6 provides for the best growth, however, after the pop outta the soil, putting them right on 18/6 isn't bad.

3. matrix - I have no idea what you SHOULD do, but I did the 24 hours seed in water, then straight planted into final pot. A lot say this is no good, that you should go from small container and repot to larger. I put 24/0 light on my seeds right away. ( under dirt at the time so not really recieving the light) It was just there incase they break ground.
    I am about 12 days along I think...I am terrible with time and didn't have my camera every day to track it, anyway, my sprouts looked different every day, and still continue that trend. Read up, make sure you have the basics covered, and good luck! If you want I have pics from day 1 after breaking ground, than another at like 3 days...do you have pic's you can post?