my social status, is ''redneck''

Discussion in 'General' started by chicken, Jun 22, 2007.

1. If you want my honest opinion, I think they look very tasty.

Also, if you're replacing the truck's bed, you should consider a tapered bed cover:

http://www.evworld.com/article.cfm?storyid=870

Aerodynamic modifications can mean more than a 30% in fuel economy, not to mention a dramatically increased top speed if you have the gearing for it. Marginally better acceleration at freeway speeds will also be observed when passing other vehicles.

Force drag(in lbs) = .002558 * Drag Coefficient * Frontal Area(in square feet) * Velocity(in mph) * Velocity(in mph)

Force rolling resistance(in lbs) = Coefficient of tire rolling resistance * Weight(in lbs)

Stock, your engine is 1.8L displacement and 105 peak horsepower. 0-60 mph should be around 13-14 seconds or so assuming 2,800 pounds curb weight.

If you were to replace that with a 130 horsepower chipped TDi from a modern VW Golf, you'd have 0-60 mph ~10 seconds and perhaps 45+ mpg if you do aerodynamic modifications, low rolling resistance tires, synthetic transmission oil, among other modifications. You could make a very practical vehicle with decent fuel economy. Diesel engines can be run on vegetable oil, including hemp oil. Any self respecting redneck would want to be able to provide their own fuel too! :smoke:

Here's an electric Datsun 620:

http://www.canev.com/Conversions/Datsun/Datsun.html

2. i like the way that truck bed lifts,,,,, the reason i removed the bed is i got a better one than the one that it had on it,,,, a old school bed with latches on both sides,,, instead of a handle in the ceter of the tail-gate...:D

3. I like the truck, many memories of smoking up in a Datsun just like that years ago. I believe Datsun is now Nissan?

As far as the chickens, glad your not my neighbor with the roosters, but I do love eating bird.

4. when i think of redneck i think of every picture you posted haha
    a rifle,bow,chickens and a pick up...

5. My cousins still fly their confederate flags up here in CT after they moved up from carolinas and Virginia

6. no doubt,,,, tools of the trade....but you left out the c.b. antenna,,,,, now the cellphone has replaced that,,, but youd be amazed at how many people all across america still has these ''dinasaurs'' above thier houses....:p

7. Was it the regular Japanese flag or the wartime Japanese flag? The regular one is alright, but the wartime one is badass.

8. yeah it was the battleflag,,, i used to have this magazine that had all flags known to man in it. and ordered 3 different flags.... it was one of them.. right now im flying the '' old'' georgia flag, the one they made the state change,,, it being hurricane season, here in fla. it may not last long, so i better get my next one ready.....

maybe the old russian flag,,,, the hammer and sickle.... ??? where do i find a site to order this????;)

9. just a small post on the redneck thread,,,, one wrestler down, [ chris benouit]? spelling? ,, i posted a extensive reply on the benoit thread,

all i say here is to all the necks, is ''sorrow'' what a tradegy.... how many more wrestlers will go down in flames?

shit i really liked this guy as a wrestler,,, what he did to his son is unforgivable??? and for that i will abolish him from my memory,,, my sons is 6 ,,and i cant even bring my-self to spank him...

you ass-hole chris, i hope you burn for-ever for this//// what a prick, i did like you,, but fuck you!!!! words cant explain the emotions i have for what this guy did!!!! im totally disgusted and pissed,,,,, good night!:devious::mad::(

10. chilled at the bon-fire all night last night,,,, huge ass fire,,,drinking beer,,, and got high for the first time in 36 day's,,,, and o.m.g. was i ever high...:hello:

11. I know what you mean, But your wording is a little off

Redneck means someone who works on the farm, beingin in the sun all day gets the neck red hense the name redneck, when people see anyone who likes the outdoors they jsut top the stero type redneck, but its not, there is hick, hillbilly etc redneck reffers to a farmer, myself i love workin up on the farms we have, one our first we have a little amount of cattle only about 25, then we got our corn fields, but I know what you mean about the sterotypical i hate all blacks thing we get, I myself was raised rasist yet one of my freinds is black. I dislike the ghetto styerotypical black man whos all ***** this ***** that ill bust a cap, the term "******" can be used to refeer to a white person to because everyone knows atleast one...

12. o.k. ^^^^^ im a hick,,, really ''outdoors person'' would fit me fine....

but then again most people dont do, the things i do..... hell just a while ago,,, i was zipping on the kids go-cart,,, thru the neighborhood.... the fucker still aint got no brakes...... you ever rode a go-cart that has no brakes...

it was a wild ride to say the least!!!!! wide open,,, theyre is no other way to ride.......:p

13. look at this mean fucker,,, that got out of the cage we had him in,,,,

oh you should have seen the house clear out when they realized the '' POSSUM'' was loose....

this is one mean ass mo-fo....

Attached Files:

14. i think you should say screw all that get good gas mileage stuff, and kepe the 'redneck' theme and lift it to hell and get some bigger mud terrains. I got a jeep and have done it and have a blast going off road every chance i get.

15. off road is one thing,,, i see your in n.c.//// so i take it you mountain climb? i seen on the tube those guys that go rock climbing,,,, thats just crazy!!!!

around here where im in in fla. all we have is mud,,,, and with all the rain we've had we have a lot of it right now,,, ive had a toyota 4by 4 , in the past a good truck ,, but it bottomed out too easily..... most of the neck's here have these big ol-mud trucks,,, i'll have to post some pics.

gotta go the crowd just showed up from the fireworks in town,,,,,

now it's my turn..:wave:

16. i now know why this possum was in such a hurry to get free,,, i got a stuffed owl that sits close to the table,,,, he proably thought his ass was going to get eaten!!!!:hello:

17. Ive found that rednecks know alot more about marijuana than city people because they actually get to grow it and smoke it without worrying about getting busted like you do in the city. I find city people smoke weed to look cool in there group cause in the city theres always huge groups of kids.

I remember back in highschool I lived about 10 mins out of town and the kids who lived in town didnt know a dam thing about bud we (out of town kids) would always be bringing in our harvest bud and the city kids would be freaking out cause we always had tons of our grown bud and all they had was a gram or 2 so they got pretty jealous.

Im glad I was raised out of town if I lived in town I wouldnt of experienced nearly as much as I did and I still wouldnt know what marijuana is. I feel sorry for kids that get stuck living in the city.

18. whats the point of the 'rebel' flag?

19. Looks like you live in the backwoods of Camden County (you probably know where that is)

20. its totally cool if your a redneck but i'm just gonna throw this out there.... type in normal english man haha