My Slice of Green

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by mike45214, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Haven't been around cause I have the flu. Haven't eaten in three days.

The back left plant sprouted later than the rest and the one in the middle has struggled the whole time. Curious what the back plant produces, I had one sour diesel that size that gave me 6oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oh man - I just finished a 2wk bout of the flu myself! Get better!

• Like Like x 1
  3. #503 mike45214, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Laying here thinking about my light situation. I'm going to bring out the HPS light and see if that fixes the mystery leaf problems I've been having since I started using LED to flower under. Can never get rid of it once it sets in. Has me seriously considering selling the LED setup.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Here's my headband at 22 days old. This is the first time vegging under a 4k light and I must say that the plants structure is not at all what I'm used to.
    IMG_1836.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tight node spacing with big leaves eh? It'll be interesting to see what happens when they kick into high gear.

6. By the time I switch these to flower they'll be huge cause the lemon haze has a long way to go. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Start of week 5 but it's more like 3 weeks since they actually started flowering.
    IMG_1840.JPG IMG_1841.JPG IMG_1842.JPG IMG_1843.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. I've decided that I'm going to sell my COB light and buy QBs. I wish I would have gotten QBs in the first place. This COB light is heavy as fuck! I won't miss struggling with it that's for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yesterday I did a mild defoliation. Can't really tell anything was done but I'm sure it'll help.

My headband is doing good. Has some of the biggest leaves on a young plant I've ever grown. The lowest nodes on some of the girls are even in height with the top of the plant.
    A few days ago I switched my base nute to a 30-10-10 powder. This is a first for me using something that high in nitrogen. I'm hoping for fast and lush green growth and hopefully short very bushy plants. I'm sure so far that the new light is responsible for how they look so far. They've got about 50 days to go before they get switched to flower so I'm sure they'll become monsters before that time comes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Adjusted my schedule, today is the start of week 4 since they started flowering. I've been aggressively tweaking my feeding schedule using powder nutes to try to bring out the best in my girls. We'll see how that goes.
    20180128_021543.jpg 20180128_021717.jpg 20180128_021722.jpg 20180128_021815.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Just hooked up my float valve again after years of not using it when I should have. It's a great way to find out exactly how much my plants are consuming each day.

I've upped the amount of potassium I'm feeding the girls right now to try to help pack on the weight. Closer to harvest I'm going to hit them with more phosphorus to try to kick off another round of flowering. With the powders I have I can supplement the exact macro nutrient I want when I want without anything extra in it. It's more work but I would like to see how the extra control works out in the end.

Pic update on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Do you just add the powders straight to the res? Or do you make a concentrated solution and add that?

13. I only add them when I'm making up a new rez.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Forgot about the Super Bowl tomorrow. Who knows what I'll be up to so here's my weekly update.
    IMG_1869.JPG IMG_1870.JPG IMG_1871.JPG IMG_1872.JPG IMG_1873.JPG IMG_1874.JPG IMG_1875.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I'm thinking about 6 weeks to go. Every bud is pretty frosty already but they still have more to accumulate. Size wise they're very much under developed. I'm thinking I can get about 24oz dry when it's all said and done. Anything above that would be a pleasant surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Here's my Headband. I trimmed the roots on them last week to slow down growth.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. Have you ever noticed any buildup of bacteria on your roots from the recharge?

When I had to harvest, the roots of my haze were coated with brown slime, and given I use a chiller and hydroguard, my only thought was a thriving colony of RGR bacteria...

I'm noticing the water in my starter res getting a little murky, too. Starting to think (at least in my environment) that the recharge is not really providing any benefit...

18. If I add Recharge directly to my rez I always have build up on the roots. The same thing happens when I use kelp.
    To combat that instead of adding it to the rez pour some down over the roots or do a root dip.

I have noticed a murky rez before but my roots have always been healthy. I also run a chiller in my under current and the only product I use that's specifically targeting the roots is Recharge. I don't add it directly to the rez in my under current. Try doing a root dip instead to avoid the rez issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Been doing it by pouring down the net cups. I'm thinking I may just stop using it - I think it's helped a bit, but also caused me some issues. My buddy grows in coco so I'll probably give it to him if he wants it - better suited for that environment anyway!