My Slice of Green

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by mike45214, Oct 13, 2016.

1. #1 mike45214, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    This is the last thread I'll start dedicated to my grows. Everything I do will be right here all in one place, I'll update this post here as to where whatever I grow starts and ends and the final weight.

DIY Under Current build is on post 144

Sent from my iPhone

• Like Like x 1
  2. I was trying to decide if I wanted to go with an Undercurrent system or RDWC and I settled on the homemade Undercurrent that I've built. I'm using Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow and Bloom with various supplements and a BlueLab Guardian Monitor to keep watch.
    I'm running two strains right now, Blueberry and Sour Diesel. It's a four plant setup and I'm hoping to pull 6-8oz from each plant. As they grow I have tomato cages that I'll use to help control them.
    The lights you see now are just to get then going. When they start to rapidly grow I'll switch them out for MH.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm going to be trying out something called Vitazyme this grow. It contains triacontanol, brassinosteroids, kinetin (a form of cytokinin) and gibberellic acid. I've been wanting to try all of those before but the only way I was aware of was to buy each one separately and then ready each one on its own. Too much trouble. I came across Vitazyme and seen that it had everything I wanted in one supplement already mixed so I had to grab it for a try. Here's a link if you want to find out more. Vitazyme | Vital Earth Resources

Sent from my iPhone

• Like Like x 1
  4. This is how they currently look today. My older Sour Diesel seems to be growing quicker than the rest. The roots on all but the smallest have reached the water, as soon as the smallest one does I'll remove the drip lines.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone

5. #5 Pahly, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    I'll be watching, have a similar setup. Also have some PBP products on the shelf that I'd like to use up. The vitazyme sounds interesting. Not sure about the feed lines running directly onto the cube, the roots may not get enough oxygen, have you run them this way before without problems?

6. I always run drip lines until the roots reach the water with no problems. And didn't you mean PGRs? I take it you've been a victim of autocorrect, and if not please elaborate.

7. Hey Mike, Good to know that works, I'm assuming those are rapid rooter plugs? PBP refers to "pure blend pro" sorry for the confusion.

8. Yup, those are rapid rooters. I've been doing it that way for years. The only time I didn't was when I used rockwool. Just started foliar feeding with the Vitazyme tonight at a 1:10 ratio. I'll probably spray em about every 10 days or so.

9. Hey Mike, hope all is well with you and the girls. When you switch to your other light will you be hanging it in a reflector or vertical. I'm also wondering what the spacing is from centre to centre of the buckets.

10. It'll be 2 reflectors with 2 plants under each, and my spacing is 18in between each bucket. The girls are good, a little wind whipped but good.

11. cool, I'll be following along. Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 1
  12. This isn't my first grow so I already have everything I need in the lighting area. I only have 4 plants going, when I flower them I'll have 1 600 watt light per 2 plants.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. They're doing good. I accidentally sucked some a lot of the leaves off one of my blueberries with the shop vac but it'll bounce back.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Glad things are going well Mikey, looking forward to the next update.

15. I'll try to get down there and take some pics tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  16. This is where they are. The first is the Sour Diesel which seems to be growing faster than the rest, and the other two are the Blueberry. The last pic is of the one that had it's leaves sucked off.
    IMG_0157.jpg IMG_0158.jpg IMG_0159.JPG

• Like Like x 1