My Skyrim Computer Painting

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Nichevo, Aug 5, 2011.

1. I was just about to give rep for a job well-done on that pic. Good thing I scrolled down further

Claiming ownership on someone else's hard work isn't cool, man. Very douchie of you.

2. Seriously? Did you not read any of my posts? God damnit people must be blind if they think the pictures are the same.

3. Alright, before any other douche-bags comment their idiotic posts; actually look at the two pictures. You can clearly tell they are different, the only reason I cropped out the Bethesda Softworks in the bottom right of the picture is because the program I was using (Psychopaint) smeared the lettering, making the corner look bad.

This is my computer painting replica of the original picture. I've made this so clear that I really don't see how any, even somewhat intelligent, being could think I plagiarized. I like GC but this is really starting to piss me off.

4. Listen man, that's all fair and well.

But before you get all snappy, you gotta see how fishy it looks and why people would jump to that conclusion.

1) People like admiration and will do a lot of shit to get people to say nice things to them.
    2) At a brief glance, it's hard to tell the difference between the two.
    3) That "Made by Nichevo" stuff in the corner looks suspicious as fuck.

People thought you were saying - and your original post isn't all that clear - that you had painted that yourself. Which you hadn't.

So you can see why people have drawn the conclusions they have. It's probably just a shitty misunderstanding, but it's still a mess. I'd delete this thread if I were you man, and repost one where you make it perfectly clear that you've photoshopped a professional artist's work.

5. #26 Nichevo, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    I appreciate the change in attitude but listen. I did not use photoshop. I used a program called Psychopaint, look it up, you can use the free browser version of it. Also, I was stoned when I originally posted it so the description may have been a little confusing but nobody should have thought I hand-painted it, I mean really, the title is "My Skyrim Computer Painting"

It took me 9 hours to re-create that picture and I thought GC would appreciate the work, yet all I've gotten is a bunch of people calling me a plagiarizer. The community shines here at GC.

At least the people on the Psychopaint site appreciate it.

6. #27 fenix420, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    Well, I'm sorry if I was unfairly chastising you but, like you said, your first post left alot to be desired. You made no mention that you were copying over someone else's previous work. We only found out through an outside source and that looks suspicious as fuck so don't be surprised if ppl label you a plagiarizer

And I'm still left wondering "why" at this whole thing. 9 hours of work just to make it look slightly different? The whole idea seems kind of redundant, don't you think?

7. Well if you want to think of it that way, what's the point of remaking anything? What is the point of updating anything?

I will be surprised if people continue to call me a plagiarizer/plagiarist because unless they are incredibly unobservant, they would know that it was a re-creation.

By the way, it's "a lot" not "alot".

8. Should you do that for your signature as well? :smoke:

9. Now you're just spreading bad vibes

I never claim to have drawn my sig. It's an art piece from the video game Mount and Blade which I happen to enjoy, done by Ganbat-Bad for conceptart.org (check his pimpass art out if you like knights and armor). I'm a fan of his.

I believe that there's a difference between that and posting a picture and saying "look what I made" with your name over the artists signature, and no reference to the original artist and a strange directory excuse.

10. Well next time put "my edited version" of the whatever

instead of being like

"My picture"

"Picture insert here"

-.-