my setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by zmasterflash, Mar 1, 2013.

1. hey all! just got up and runnin and thought i would give yall some specs and get your thoughts/opinions.
    this is a soil grow comprised of three parts ffof one part mg all purpose and one part hyponix potting soil. i have a 1000w hps lamp with a six inch max fan for cooling/ventilation. im growing in a closet that is roughly 2x3x5. i just planted a bunch of seeds and am currently playing the waiting game.

2. I'm wondering why you mixed soils together? Was there logic behind it?

That's a small closet for such a large light. Hopefully you'll be able to keep temperatures low.

3. well i mixed the three because i i didnt have enough cash to get all ffof and i had the other two bags just layin around. and yeah im a hvacr tech so keepin things cool is a specialty of mine lol. i just figured the more light the better.

4. for that space i would think its a bit over kill. usually you want to keep that big of light about 1-2feet away. the height of the hood is usually about a foot and also the height of the pot of soil is probably close to a foot giving you 1-2ft vertical space total. i get pissed having a 600w hps in a 7ft tall tent because i run out of room pretty quick :p

you would need an ac unit to keep that small area cold also, unless if you live where its cold. mid 70s is ideal temps and no more than 85F at the plant surface. what are the temps like when you run it now in there?

also you may have ruined what soil you did have by adding mg soil. if it has those fert beads in it you will want to get it out of that asap.

5. right now its super cold where i live so temps aren't a huge deal now, but will be later which is why i have a window unit i can install when it gets to that point. right now my temps range between 62F at its lowest and 84F at the highest. i have that max fan and a tower fan for circulation and temp control. as far as the mg is concerned im fifty fifty, i mean i see a lot of posts that say not to use it and vice versa so i figured why not if i fuck it up lesson learned and if it works more power to me lol.

6. You mixed Fox Farm with Miracle Grow? Wowsers. Kinda like mixing a beautiful T-bone with rotting road kill.

7. well ya gotta work with what ya got. also im using regular ol' tap water for watering(my taps ph is 7.0) and my runoff is testing between 5-6.

8. I uses ffof but any soil will work just fine....the key is to Wash or rinse the soil for 15-20 days before adding Nutes to the water.

9. hey thanks for the feedback i will post a pic here in a few days or so i still got some things that i want to do to make it purdy.

10. I also use tap water. I let my water sit out, open, for at least 24 hours to help leach away any nasties.

11. right on. i had an idea that incorporated a fish tank but i havent figured that one out or if it would even be possible...sorry im high as a kite

12. Aeroponics I think it is called? My brother is looking into that. Its where you use an aquarium with live fish in it. A lot more tricky to do. The plants "float" on the surface of the water. The plants will feed off of the fish crap. Pretty wild.

13. Never be sorry for being high, unless you forget your name, lmao.

14. hey just a quick update: just transplanted seven seedlings into 1 gal containers plants look healthy and temps are holding between 72 and 74. hopefully the next couple weeks will show fast growth I'm super excited!