My setup.. Tips to help it out?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrgosujt, May 5, 2006.

1. I started out with germination disks (there small disks that you add water they expand)
    Went from there and planted into a small pot. Has been in a window seal basically growing since. I water and rotate the plants 45 degree to grow straight.

I have added or did nothing here. Im going for the maximum yeild I can get without sacrificing the quality. Indoor to outdoor grow. White window/Purple passion/Skunk1 are the strains. Been growing for 1 month roughly. On the 4th set of leaves for 3/5 of the plants. Other 2 are at 2 sets.

2. Also what would it mean to Flower a plant? How?

3. you could start it on a fish emulsion mixture,,, its 5-1-1-,, a good nitrogen boost ,,, its proably begging for some nitrogen,, if all youve given it is straight water so far....they sell it concentrated in all stores with a garden section,,,, or you could drain and clean a fish tank,, and keep the water....if you do this youll notice each day the poop will settle to the bottom,,, just stir it up real good,, before pouring it in your distributing apparatus....as for force flowering a plant on a window sill,,,,a plant flowers according to the leanght of light given to it,,,, when you restrict the light to 12 hrs. dark and 12 hrs. light it will begin flowering,,,, my suggestion would be put it on the window sill at 7:00 a.m. and putting it in a'' totally'' dark closet at 7:00 p.m. this must be done religouslly same time each day and night,,, any differations will disrupt the cycle you forced it on,,, and will slow growth, and make the pickimg date further away... hope this helps,,, good luck

4. So you recommend a 12/12 schedule and a nitrogren boost? Also i was wondering Should i clone them now?

5. Only clone after you know the sex is female. Then keep one female in veg continuously and clone off of her. Having a cloning mother guarentees you always have plants if the clones you take don't make it.

6. I MYSELF WOULD GO AT LEAST ANOTHER MONTH TO FLOWER I MEAN YOU CAN FLOWER YOU PLANT WITH 4 NODES BUT YOU WOULD BE DISSAPOITED AFTER ALL THE WORK IT IS TO MOVE THEN BACK AND FORTH EVERY DAY AND EVEN WORSE WHEN THEY GET TO THE 3-5 GALLON BUCKETS TALK ABOUT A PAIN WOULDNT WANNA DO ALL THAT WORK FOR LITTLE IN RETURN RIGHT?? mY ADVICE WOULD BE TO GET SOME FERTS iF YA WANNA GO CHEMICAL gET YA SOME PETERS 20-20-20 FERT AND SOME BLOOM FERTS SOMETHINK LIKE 10-60-10... THESE ARE JUST MY COICE OF FERT THERE ARE MANY MANY MORE TYPE OUT THERE.. iF YOU WANNA GO ORGANIC THAN PICK YA UP SOME BAT GUANO FISH EMULSON BLOOD AND BONE MEAL.

IF YOU WERE GONNA PLANT OUTSIDE YOU COULD GET A COUPLE FRESH FISH(FRESH MEANING JUST CAUGHT OR RECENTLY CAUGHT.. AFTER YOU HAVE DUG YOUR HOLES CUT THE FISH UP IN TO CHUNKS AND THROW EM IN THE HOLE. THIS WILL PROVIDE YOU NUTES MOST OF IF NOT ALL THE WAY TOO HARVEST IF NEED BE.
    i USED THIS METHIOD WHEN I STILL LIVED WITH THE RENTS AND HAD TO GROW QURRILA(??SPELLING??) MY FIRST GROW I WAS SO NOIDED I ONLY WENT BACK TO THE PLOTS ONCE IN SEPTEMBER, i HARVESTED 3 FEMALES WITH A COUPLE STRAY SEEDS HERE AND THERE FOR A LIL UNDER 2OZ OF ALRIGHT GREEN(IT WAS MY FIRST GROW AND HARVEST OF FREE BUDS SO I DIDNT CARE) tHERE IS JUST SOMETHING THAT BRINGS A FEELING OF GREAT GRADITUDE IN ONE SELF WHEN YOU SIT BACK WITH A BOWL,BONG,JOINT OR BLUNT OF YOUR OWN GROWN WEED ...

bUT YEAH AGAIN i WOULD WAIT A FEW MORE WEEKS AT LEAST TO FLOWER IF YOU DONT WANNA WAIT ANOTHER MONTH LET THEM AT LEAST MATURE(ALTERNATING BRANCHES) YOU WONT REGREAT IT THEY WILL SHOW SEX FASTER WHEN PUT IN TO FLOWER. i MYSELF NOTIC WHEN I HAVE PUT IMATURE PLANTS IN FLOWER THAT THEY STRECH BADLY BECAUSE THEY HURRY THEMSELVES UP SO THEY CAN BE A PRODUCEING PLANT WHERE IF YOU VEG LONGER AND MAYBE EVEN AD A CFL OR 2 IF THAT DOESNT MAKE YOUR WINDOW STAND OUT BUT IF ITS A HIDDEN WINDOW(HIDDEN AND UNACCESSABLE TO PEOPLE) ADD THE LIGHT EVEN ONE THEY WILL THANK YOU. bUT AGAIN MAKE SURE YOU WINDOW IS NOT PLAIN VIEW EVEN WITH OUT THE LIGHTS...

sECURITY SHOULD BE YOU FIRST OBJECTIVE IN PLANING OUT YOUR STEPS!!!!

AS FAR AS CLONEING GOES ITS TWO SOON IF YOU ONLY HAVE 4 NODES .. YOUR FIRST CLONE WILL PROLLY BE ABLE TO TAKE AT ABOUT 10-12IN TALL DEPENDING ON YOUR STYLE/TECHNIQUE OF GROWING....'

i RECOMMEND YOU READ UP ON lst TO HELP BETTER YOUR YEILD..

dAMN THATS LONG SORRY IF I RAMBLED OFF TOPIC ANY WHERE HOPE AT LEAST SOMETHING IN THAT ^^^^^MESS UP THERE HELPS

7. Ok currently I know I have 2 females of White Widow. Im curious if I should Keep one of the widows in Veg permanently Like he recommends and let the other grow. Using the female veg to clone off of? So 2-3 weeks then clone?

8. yes keep one female to take clones from

9. or, cut five or six clones, flip that mother into flowering and then you have 5 babies to grow into veg, cut 2 more off each of those babies when they get bigger.... that show i do it, one plant becomes 5, then 12, and so forth..

more plants -- biggger yeilds, keep that in mind! and especially if you are dealing with WW or WR, you want as many plants as you can possibly handle!!

FLEX

10. To get a plant to flower. I simply put it into a 12/12 schedule right?

11. that is correct, 12/12 simulates "fall" lighting and it causes the plants to show sex characteristics

FLEX

12. The only problem with this method is that if all your 5-6 clones die (entirely possible with a noobee) and you don't realize it or they don't die right away, your mother might be too deep into flower to clone successfully (remember the first attempt was unsuccessful). This actually happened to me once and then I was out of luck. For someone who can be patient (and not be quick to flower the mother just because she is monstrous) they will always have a plant to clone off of and you will never be without weed. White widow is a perfect plant to do this with.

13. So you think I should completely veg one of my mothers? And clone from her? Is there a limit to how far I can clone her? Or can i use her for months to clone off of?

14. Yes!!!!!!!!!!
    I think you should use one as mother.
    You can keep her in veg forever. And you can clone an infinite amount of plants off of her.

15. And to veg I simply let her grow. no light scedule or formula for her?

16. To keep her in veg give her light for either 24/0 or 18/6. She should also be fertilized every two weeks or so with your veg fertilizer (when she is old enough). Also, water her as necessary of course.

17. Veg fertilizer? Ok gotcha on that. To flower or get buds. Id do 12/12 Correct? I might be repeating but I like to make sure. GOing to go take pics now.

18. Hey man.
    Plants are too young to show sex or to be cloned. If they are 5 weeks old then they are also not getting enough light. They should be much taller at 5 weeks old but, they do look healthy. If you stick to a veg schedule of 24/0 or 18/6 and flower for 12/12 and don't stress the plant out too much, then you have a 99% chance that your feminized seeds will grow female. Yes keep the cloning mother in veg by giving her 24/0 or 18/6 light. And while on those light schedules feed the plant a veg fertilizer high in Nitrogen.

19. I have a 10% nitrogran fert I use now. Seeing results tommorow.
    My planst are on a natural schedule. They grow from the actual sunlight. So its hard to get them more sunlight. What kind of lamp would I need?