my seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by brutalx, Feb 19, 2009.

1. well i just started the germination process and i am one day in, one of my seeds has a smell to it( the smell of weed) is that good? and my other seed does not have that smell is that bad?

2. I think most potheads, including myself, have a disorder where they think everything smells like weed. Coffee, cigarettes sometimes, taco meat, body odor, skunk, dirt, etc...
    What you probably smell is the mustiness of a wet towel. The same smell as a wet dog, or a wet wash cloth. The smell is bacteria. Most people would tell you to put your seeds in a new paper towel for germination, but it really isn't necessary. If your paper towel is in a plastic baggy, or something air tight, it doesn't hurt to give it some air.
    There isn't any air circulation around the towels. That stagnant, humid and damp air is a PERFECT breeding environment for bacteria, mold and mildew.

3. Yes, exactly.

And that's why nature doesn't use those and why everybody could keep it simple and drop them straight in to soil - just like nature does.

4. no, it has a weed smell like a distinct smell, spicy actually