my seeds wont germinate!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SD Sensi Grower, Mar 21, 2009.

1. just drop it in and let nature do its job i say

2. yea i agree dude.

ima do that tomorow morning.

3. don't just drop them in. there's a certain way to place the seed. unfortunately i don't know the answer but i'm sure someone here does.

4. yea i know. the pointy side should be pointing up...

i think

5. Narrow (pointy) side DOWN!

6. when i did my germination i did the paper towel method but i put them in a tin case just a little bigger than a deck of cards and put it on top of my cable box it took 12-18 hrs for all 5 to crack and start to sprout

7. are you sure?

from everything ive seen, if you are just planting the seed (no germination)than you put the pointy side up.

8. that sounds like a really good idea.

do you think i should try this now with my seeds or just try and put them in the soil now?

9. screw it . it problly won't hurt them any more

10. yea.

ok soo i just took some red plastic party cuts, cut holes in the bottom, and watered the soil. i let those sit and drain for about 10 minutes and then poked small holes in the soil with a pencil. i then put the seeds in the holes (they were about 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep).

i put all those in a mini green house that sits on top of a heating pad.

the whole apparatus is sitting in front of a window.

p.s. i tested the heating pad this time and it wont get too hot.

sound good??

11. just for future use from doing landscaping I learned a trick that usually helps when planting seeds. Think about how it works in nature its cold in the winter and then in the spring it gets warmer. So what I do is put the seeds in the fridge for like 4 days in a good ziplock bag where it is dark before I put mine in water for 12 hours flushing the water after 6 hours I keep them dark and put them on my cable box stays 80 degrees or so . After the 12 hours I put them in a damp papertowel with ph balanced water to 5.8 and put it between plates back on the cable box it goes. worked fine for me I only had 2 g13 seeds and both poped within 24 hours of pulling them out of the fridge.

12. thanks for the advice.

cant say ive ever heard of anyone ever putting them in the fridge but it seems like it makes sense to do. and apparently it worked for you.

mine are in the greenhouse right now where it is nice and toasty and humid.

13. I figured it worked great with grass seed when doing landscaping why not try it here. People had said they had problems with the G13 labs seeds germinating I thought it went rather quickly myself.

14. ok, well thanks.

i might try this next time but right now its already too late for this time. the seeds are already in soil.

thank you though

15. yeah but figure the information might be useful down the road.

16. it prolly will. thank you. it seems really good cuz plants grow better in natural ways, and that seems to match nature pretty good.

thanks

17. I had the same problem and i did the water test too all of them sank. then i put them n a clear tupperware with wet paper towel and then in the window for the sun and they sprouted. and so i decided to germinate more seeds and so i did everything i did before except i put it on the tv for warmth. but it took way longer to germinate on the t.v.. just a little thing you might wanna try next time. so put it in the window

18. I think you will find your results have no statistical significance whatever. And I have never scuffed seeds, and get good germinating results.

19. I don't know why you guys are so much in to this paper towel method...

Soak the beans in water for 24 to 36 hours and then put them straight in to soil.

Out in nature there are no paper towels, neither...a good rain on to fertile soil and that's it!

20. I just got some 5+ year old mexican brick seeds to germ within 24 hours using the paper towel method. I did an experiment with 10 seeds that didn't germ within 1 week then I did it again with 5 seeds and 3 germed within 24 hours.... So there is some stuff that needs to be followed for this to be successfull. For one don't over water the seeds and check them too often. Keep them in a dark warm stop but not too hot. The perfect place I found was right ontop of my T.V. and just put a styrofoam plate ontop to cover and keep the heat trapped to promote the greenhouse inside the baggy. If it's too hot or too wet I don't think they will pop.