My seeds havent sprouted yet

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by AboveTheClouds, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Hey all, i just have some pots growing in my window sill and the seeeds have been germinated and tehy all sprouted the tap root, i sowed them and they popped up to the top of the dirt, ive been watering them well except the firs tdays i was worrying about overwatering so i sprayed it twice a day .. maybe they dried out and just arent going anymore? dunno but its been about 5-6 days since i planted them and they are still just sitting on the top of the soil, i suppose that they are getting pushed up on top of the first set of leaves/sprout? or are they dead..?

2. Hi Clouds,
    So they have popped through the soil? If so, my guess on why they are not growing is because they have inadequate light. With a window you will get 4-6 hours of direct sunlight max. That is not enough. If you were outdoors it would be ok because the next day it could be sunny all day but through a window maximum 4-6 hours each and every day. Not enough. Get a good light and they will grow.

3. Yeah bro, it looks like the seeds are just sitting on top of the soil, some are halfway submerged, im guessing its a light issue becaues the window is facing east, so your probably right. Thanks for the help