Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Seedlings Head fell off!!!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Dj Rezin, Sep 1, 2016.

1. #1 Dj Rezin, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    My Seedlings Head fell off its stem an took the first 2 seed leaves with it before they even properly grown enough to push the seed shell off, just left with about an inch of stem poking out the soil. 2 days later has grown fractionally but still looking pretty healthy considering its condition, still got a nice bright green color to it an has even straightened out where the stem was bent up after the head fell off, will it recover or not, my last seed soo dunno whether to sit it out or wait to order an regerminate more?

2. You'll have better luck posting this in the cultivation section but if there are no leaves left i dont think i will continue to grow sorry man.

3. sweet geez thanks, only just signed up today anit got a clue what im doing lol an yeah i thought that would be the case, nice one

4. If the cotyledon leaves, the round ones, are gone the plant will not grow back, it will die.

PW

5. No leaves....it's dead. Order more seeds.

6. yeahh i thought so okay no probs, thanks for the heads up, i would of wasted days on the thing, that fact how its still bright green after 2 days give me false hope, ill order more, sweeet guys

7. Hon, what you have is a case of "damping off" fungus. The stem gets "pinched-looking" and the top of the seedling falls over....dead. "Damping off" is 100% fatal. Sorry for your loss!

The cure is simple! :yay:

You need to microwave, or bake (250 degrees), your soil before using it! Get the potting soil damp and nuke or bake it until it is steaming hot all the way though! This will kill the fungus spores that killed your seedling! Be sure to let the potting soil cool completely before putting your pre-sprouted seeds in it.

(Use the paper towel method to sprout the seeds. Fold a paper towel into fourths, put it on a saucer and wet it down. Pour off any excess water. Put your seeds on top of the wet paper towel and slip the whole thing into a quart baggie.)

You might want to get a copy of my "Granny Storm Crow's List"- it has a section on cultivation that has grow tips in it. There is even an old study on getting more females from your seeds! :eek2:

To get a free copy of my List, go here! Granny's List is on the Cloud! FREE! Get it here!

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. #8 Dj Rezin, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016

OMG!! THANK U SOO MUCH!! YOUVE JUST SAVED 4 OF MY SEEDLINGS!! I had dampness in my coco, i could smell it after u pointed it out, i did wonder why it randomly broke in half
    ive sorted my coco, an very carefully derooted all my seedling from the moldy coco
    and replanted them, all have fully recovered! an not only that! the seedling that broke in half before growing any leaves, i noticed late last night after putting it in fresh coco, that the top of the stem where it broke, split then this morning grow into leaves,

u can even see the same colour of the stem on the edge of both of the newly grown seed leaves, where it used to be the stem , an thanks for the link! all has been very much-ly a appreciated, thank u! hope u find this as interesting as i did! :)

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      893 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      764.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      728.6 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. #9 Dj Rezin, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    i noticed late last night that the top of the stem where it broke in half, split then the next day grow into seed leaves

u can even see the same colour of the stem on the edge of both of the newly grown seed leaves, where it used to be the stem

Attached Files:

10. Don
    Don't pull it it will be fine
    just the brown parts of the seed case fall off
    That is what the 1st leaves should look like
    Those are the cotyledon leaves, They just did not separate
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. prefect! an yeah mate that makes sense, but the hole head with like half a centimeter of the stem came off with it, i cracked open what was left of the seed shell with a part of the stem sticking out of it, an had like a little flat pea in there which looked like it would of been its original first 2 leaves. it did seem like after a day where it broke, it split then grow into leaves, but more than likely what u said is probably the case

12. i know this is years later but Thank you both! I googled this issue & didn’t want to throw my seedling out as everyone suggested. Your post give me some hope so I’m trying this & if it doesn’t work then at least I tried right

I’ve never tried growing until this year & I can’t get past the 3-4 Knotch (not sure what it’s called lol) I can grow anything & I sure have all types of weed growing in my yard but I can’t grow the only weed I need

So I’m very grateful to come across this site while googling! It’s not showed up for 5 months lol but glad I found it. I think I have a chance now that I have a place to read about it & ask ?s. Everyone seems so helpful. Thanks again y’all ✌️

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. well is thread is dead really its from 2016 ,,,,but if you want help make a Thread in the growing thread and when you do put in how you grow as in where do you grow inside with light or outside in the sun ,,what soil or compost youare going to use ,simple stuff like that and people here will help you ,,,mac, ,,