My secret room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by thatguy2284, Mar 6, 2014.

1. So I've decided to build my own room. In the room I've decided to use there is a small water heater closet that sticks out of one corner. My plan is to extend that closet wall straight across. View attachment 1392311
    Which would leave me a grow area of roughly 48 sq feet. Of course I'm going to drywall it up. I've decided to split it into two rooms. Veg and flower.

My hang up is the secret entrance. I need ideas on how to accomplish this and draw as little attention as possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am a cardholder so I'm legit and legal. I'm doing this "secretly" just do have a secret room. Call it a childhood fantasy.

Also, has anyone worked with foylon. Before?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2. uploadfromtaptalk1394121128814.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

3. Sounds very creative and a fun project... Ever think of building a tall bookcase into the new wall as an easy door? Or perhaps a mirror with one of those push to open hinges

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Id go with the bookcase or mirror idea.  I have a similar space like that in house, and on the other side of the wall is a closet, and Ive been thinking about drywalling it off, and putting the door into the room through that closet.  Your biggest issue besides the door will be ventilation.  You'll need to vent off the hot air from your lighting unless you use fluorescents or leds, and have cool air blowing into your area at the same time.  Its worth it though!