My second grow setup (1 Week) 100W of CFL, Pics.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Everyday_Thang, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Yo guys! this is my second grow setup. everything cost about 50 bucks to buy and setup. My plants are growing fast as hell, and the stems are dark and strong, as i have a strong fan on them already, 24/7. I understand that i should add more lights soon once they get bigger. I think that i am only going to keep 1-4 out of the 10 I have now.

I have been spraying them with water until they are partially saturated, then I fill the water trays beneath them, so they obsorb water from underneath. I think this is a good idea, so that my soil does not compact alot, and the roots will grow easier. I like to let my plant's soil dry out almost completely b4 i water them.

other info, just ask. things like ferts, footage, and all that shit. I check this alot, so ill write back, i really appreciate input. I attached a few pics i just took on my phone. 2Megapixel, so it is ok quality.

Attached Files:

• 045.jpg
      045.jpg
      File size:
      221.1 KB
      Views:
    • 048.jpg
      048.jpg
      File size:
      200.9 KB
      Views:
    • 049.jpg
      049.jpg
      File size:
      160.6 KB
      Views:
    • 050.jpg
      050.jpg
      File size:
      174.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Looks good man. Im wondering what your plan is for the 5 plants in the same pot?

3. Well, I don't really know yet. I am thinking that if any of the single plants in the pots die, or suck, then i could transplant a possibly more vigorous one from the other pot. I am guessing that by the time they get too big, i would have chosen the 6 to keep for now and have new pots for them hopefully

4. I dont understand some people. There is absolutley no point in doing that. Why wouldn't you just take the extra 3 seconds and plant them all in their own pots?? No offence but its just stupid to plant them all in 1 pot.

also. Filling the tray below will do nothing. It wont absorb water up into the soil. It will just make it harder for it to drain out. Bad idea. Just saying.

5. #5 Everyday_Thang, Aug 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2009
    I dont have ne more pots. or room really

well, i had another plant that did amazing considering the shitty setup i had. I specifically used that technique for the purpose of allowing the roots to extend further, faster.

Try it buddy. u can even watch the top soil get dark with moisture. The roots at the bottom of the pot obsord the most water, and roots that just get moist are able to spend more time obsorbing the air, which is actually very important for plants. I did however, completely saturate the pot once a week to get the salts out left from the fert, which helped i think too.

6. Hey, I just wanted to know, I have all my plants perdy darn close to my fan and such. the stalks are dark brown, very strong. this is because of the fan, and a good thing right ppl?

7. how many days ago did they sprout ?