My second grow - Northern Lights (nirvana)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by greeny909, Jul 25, 2007.

1. cool beans. good luck

2. dope thread man, love the pics!!! Check my thread on my sig if u like noobs man Im all over the place on my first grow. Im a little wordy lol but check the pics!! almost killed my plants in the beginning with FF but they're bouncing back. MORE PICS today!! good luck man ill be watching!!!

3. Hey man great grow you have going here. I was wondering if you would be able to take a picture of your growing area completely. I'm looking to start a grow just because its been increasingly difficult for me to find a reliable dealer and it will be a lot cheaper. I just don't know if I have the space for it. Good luck with the grow! Cant wait to see the finished product.

4. Thanks again !

:wave:

5. Thanks alot ! I'll head on over there and check out your grow in a sec.

6. Thanks man ! My complete growing area is just that one cabinet. I'd rather not post any pictures of the room that it's in due to security, but some more overall pictures of that cabinet can be found in my first grow journal, link in my sig.

I hear ya on the reasons for growing, that's the exact same reason that I started to grow. It was the best decision I could have made, and the only regret is that I didn't start sooner !

By the way, the cabinet dimensions are 3' x 1.5' x 3.5' (L x W x H), and that's the complete growing area !

7. I think you're looking a lot greener than you were last round at this time. As always and forever, your pics are gorgeous.

8. Thanks ! I'm not crazy about the plants being in such small pots compared to the last time, but I have no choice I guess due to my grow space size.

9. DAY 7 - 12/12
    SEXING

Ok, I'm seven days into 12/12 and I believe that I'm able to sex three out of the four plants so far. Hopefully the last one will make it's gender known within the next day or two. I'm not sure about the last one yet, because I don't see any balls or pistils yet on it.

:smoking::wave:

PLANT 1
    [​IMG]

PLANT 2
    [​IMG]

PLANT 3
    [​IMG]

PLANT 4
    [​IMG]

10. That bagseed grow was awesome, what was the dry weight anyways on that? this time should be good to watch too man peace~:D

11. Haha, I wish everyone sexed their plants with comic book-esque illustrations. The city would be a better place. Nice grow so far, I've enjoyed lurkin your threads.

12. Thanks ! I never had a scale for the first grow and I started 'sampling' so many buds before it was fully harvested, so it would have been useless anyhow I think.

13. Thanks ! I got a new laptop a little while ago, so I figured that I might as well test one of the free programs that came with it, and the program was called comic-life ! Dirt simple to use.

14. DAY 12 - 12/12

Here's a small update. The sex of the 'unknown' plant is not so unknown anymore, it turned out to be a male, so I disposed of that one also. The two remaining females got transplanted into larger pots, and I'm just patiently waiting around and hoping to see some small buds start to form on the plants soon. Also, needless to say, the leaves on the two plants are as green as can be, even though it might look otherwise on this picture. It's easy to see from that color corrected photo that the light footprint from the 150 HPS doesn't cover 100% of both plants, but that's ok, because I prefer to have it closer.

[​IMG]

15. Thanks, and regarding the males, that's quite alright, I never wanted 4 females ! I wouldn't have had the room, lol. In the first post of this journal, I said that I was looking for two females, so I guess I can't complain, because I got exactly what I wanted.

I just took a look, and they look very nice indeed ! And I know exactly what you mean about checking on them first thing everyday !

:):wave:

16. I wasn't planning on having 7 females either. I planted 7 seeds and they all popped out female (one hermie,) and its not like i could cut down a perfectly healthy female. So i guess I'm stuck with 6...... oh well;)

17. I'd say that's a pretty damn good ratio of females vs. males, lol. Congrats ! I know what you mean about not wanting to get rid of any females, though I was fully prepared to kill off the weakest looking ones if I did get three or four. If I don't have the room, then what can you do ? lol

18. how do you top them?

19. Check out the sticky in the beginner's section by Dierwolf. That gives a very good explanation with diagrams of both topping & fimming.