My second grow - Northern Lights (nirvana)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by greeny909, Jul 25, 2007.

1. i'm sure this grow will be as great as the first..good luck!!! :smoke:

2. hey. did you order the seeds from nirvanna's website or thru another site? im looking to get some and im ver nervous about ordering to the U.S.

3. I was thinking of ordering NL for my next grow as well but have to concentrate on my plain jane bagseed right now. Good Luck to you!

4. Thanks ! And good luck to all of your growing projects.

:)

5. Yeah, I got them from the nirvana website. When I was looking around for seeds, I noticed a few other sites selling nirvana seeds, but they cost more, so it didn't really make sense to order from there. That would make the second time for me that I've ordered seeds from Europe and they arrived just fine.

6. My first grow was just a bagseed also, but bagseeds can still turn out great and yield a lot, and end up being good smoke. Thanks, and good luck on your grow also !

7. DAY 11

I decided to do a transplant and move all of the plants into slightly larger pots yesterday. I also switched to 18/6 tonight, primarily because I wanted to see if I could bring the temps down at night slightly. I'm convinced that the excessive heat is affecting the growth rate somewhat, but I'm not going to complain, as long as the plants stay healthy. I had five seedlings going, and one of them didn't make the cut (it had a deformed first leaf and space is tight), so I now have four plants which got transplanted. Here's just a couple of pix I took tonight. The white stuff is just some perlite which I sprinkled lightly on top of the soil. I was thinking that maybe it'll help reflect a little light back up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. your doing great, those are going really fast
    nice grow

9. Thanks, and good luck with your grows.

10. DAY 15

There's not much to report really. Vegging is kind of boring, compared to flowering at least, lol. It's still really hot in the cabinet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. It's good to see that the leaf burn has disappeared. Looking good as usual, man.

12. You know, that's funny, because I never even thought of that before. Do you mean the two closeups on day 9, with the slim brown stuff around the edges ? I thought that was just the way that the plant was (and it came out more in the closeup picture), because the exact same thin brown line can be seen on the backside of the leaves in the middle veins. Have you seen other pictures of a seedling/young plant that was burnt that looked like mine with the slim brown line all around ? It looks way too even to me to be leaf burn from the lights, so do you mean from the soil or something ?

Those two pictures are quite a bit larger than the actual real life seedling, so maybe those edges look exagerated perhaps. And I do usually light the plants in a strange way when I take pix, so maybe that has something to do with it also, lol.

I had a few CFL burns on my first grow towards the end of the grow, and they'd usually be a small yellow/brownish spot somewhere on the leaf. If the plants on day nine were actually burnt, then I guess I'm lucky that they corrected themselves, because I didn't do anything at all to correct the problem, since it never even occured to me. The CFL's are at the same distance from the plant which they've always been, which means as close as possible.

13. Well, it looked to me like a bit of a nutritional deficiency. That kind of dying material usually starts at the extremities and works it's way in as the plant pulls nutrients from it's own growth. Looks like it's cleared up though, if that's what it was.

14. The soil I'm using has too many nutes in it for seedlings almost I think. I read that some people say the same thing about Fox Farm soil, that it might be too strong in the beginning for seedlings.

But, yeah you're right, if there was any problem, it's gone now, so I guess it doesn't matter. I still think that the weird lighting had something to do with it maybe. Maybe I'm too stoned when I snap the pictures sometimes, but I like the way it looks when the light comes from the bottom and not the top.

Not much happening with the plants, just vegging.

DAY 19

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Those babies are growing fast! Are you going to keep a mother and try cloning this round, or do you think you'll take a break in between again?

16. Thanks ! I still believe that the heat is slowing them down somewhat, but I'm not too concerned about that, as long as they stay healthy. This will also probably be my last journal on this forum, because I joined another larger forum (icmag) that just has way more people there, and there is more of a chance that very experienced growers will give advice to me on my thread. I'm looking to learn as much as possible from people who've been around the block. I don't have any issue with this forum really, but it makes no sense for me to run two identical journals on two seperate forums. I'll continue updating this one until the end, but I'm probably done after that.

I don't think I'm going to keep a mother and do clones just yet. I'm not set up for that yet, and I don't have the budget to spend anymore on any growing supplies for the moment at least. I will probably take a pause again after this second grow is completed. I will most likely be going away for the winter holidays somewhere, and nobody can tend to my plants if I leave.

17. DAY 24

I topped all four of the plants a few days ago. The heat in the cabinet is still hot (about 95 w/ lights on), but it's the middle of the summer, so the only one to blame for that is myself. The plants are probably growing a little bit slower because of the heat factor, but I'm not going to complain, because the plants seem healthy. They're not really tall at all, but that's a good thing, at least as far as I'm concerned.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. DAY 24 (continued)......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's something funny. One of my compact flourescents broke today, it was my fault because I was careless. I broke three of them on my first grow, so I'm doing ok so far with only 1 broken bulb. Well, anyhow, I went to a local hardware store and picked up a new one and this is what the package looked like. Notice the sticker in the upper right hand corner.

[​IMG]

I knew something was hiding behind that sticker, so I pulled it off.

[​IMG]

I know that that number doesn't mean anything at all, but I found it funny anyhow. Also one other thing that was weird with Maxlite bulbs: I purchased a 30 watt daylight Maxlite CFL which was rated at 1900 lumens. They also had a 25 watt daylight CFL (also from maxlite), that was rated at 2000 lumens. That makes no sense at all, their ratings are obviously totally messed up and they've been changing/updating their packages.

:wave:

19. DAY 27

I transplanted the four plants into larger pots a couple of days ago. This is the third transplant so far. They're currently in 1.5 gallon pots. I also started doing some bondage on them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. just checked out that forum out of curiousity and not to be picky it looks like GC has way more members. maybe people just aren't as active over here. IC does have a very active coco forum which is cool....

GC= Threads: 150,711, Posts: 1,645,937, Members: 63,761

ICmag = Threads: 60,400, Posts: 1,103,18, Members: 25,495