Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Second Firecracker Experience

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by GalacticBud, Jan 17, 2011.

1. So yesterday I decided it was time again for another edible. Me and my buddy picked up an ounce of some sweet&tasty Afghan Kush. We smoked a blunt and then got to work on the firecrackers. We used Skippy Organic Peanutbutter, Nutella, a dab of Olive Oil, and Keebler's Club Crackers.

Some pics of me making them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I mixed a lot of Nutella with some peanutbutter, and when that was mixed I put about half a teaspoon of Olive Oil in and mixed it. Just some more lipids to help with the THC absorbing process.

I used 0.5g of the Afghan Kush for each firecracker as I rarely eat my green, usually smoke it. I have a high tolerance as well.

I then wrapped them in tinfoil separately and set them into my oven. The oven was preheated on bake to 350 degrees F. I set the timer for 23 minutes and waited out the grueling process. I had the stove vent on high, but there was little to no smell of marijuana.People ask this question a lot, it doesn't smell like bud. It smells like peanutbutter and chocolate getting toasty, no pun intended :smoke: But I do suggest spraying the area with some light Febreze or something just for shits and giggles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They don't come out appetizing =/ but it's all good! They don't taste good either, but again it's no biggie. One of the pictures shows the two wrapped in tinfoil. One says R for Ryan and D for Dave. We just thought it'd be a funny pic for the forum because we were baked :p When you put them in the oven, make sure they are wrapped like that but a little looser! Wait 10 minutes after they come out to unwrap them, and make sure you have a lot of chocolate milk. They taste like shit. I fucking hated it. But I was baked as a mother fucker within an hour and a half of eating them. By 4 hours, everything was rippling. If anyone has questions about anything, post em!

2. #2 Fumar Verde, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
    Haha good shit!

The cooked mix does look a little dark and charred tho, that may contribute to the horrid taste. When my best tasting ones come out, they are usually a lighter brown [basically, the exact same color that the mix of nutella and peanut butter looks like] and they taste delicious, especially on Cinnamon Sugar Graham Crackers. I have found those crackers to be the most amazing tasting.

One way I try to keep em from overcooking when im using someone's oven is to stand VERY near the oven after about 15 minutes have elapsed. If you start smelling a slight hint of herb or like a burning smell, around 15-22 minutes, I would take them out and check one immediately. I've found that whenever they were overcooking, the peanut butter smell is a LOT more intense, and you can smell a hint of cooked herb.

But, if your firecracker DOES overcook, just make a milkshake. Scrape the overcooked mix from the crackers, and add it to a blender with 8 or so cubes of ice, 4 large scoops of icecream, 1/3 cup of milk, 1/4 cup chocolate fudge. After initial blending, add additional icecubes to achieve desired consistency. Pour into cup when finished, and spray the top with whipped cream. Viola, now you can enjoy a tasty milkshake instead of horrid burnt crackers, and you can get high at the same time!

3. I used your guide!! Hahahaha both times actually. I was also going to ask you about making the milkshake, that doesn't get rid of the ability to get you baked?

4. #4 Fumar Verde, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
    Of course it does :)

Your essentially adding the firecracker and all its effects, into a tasty shake.

I usually only do this when the firecrackers are overcooked and taste bad [its been a while since that has happened tho, due to my formula]. You could make one with a nice tasting one firecracker too, its all up to ya. I'm just saying I discovered the firecracker milkshake last summer after having a horridly overcooked firecracker that I knew would still get me high. And the shake did, for 7 hours or so lol.

Also, glad to see your success with my recipe. If they are always unsatisfying taste wise, I'd suggest perhaps doing 22 minutes, and also adding a bit more nutella. I still find the biggest difference is the choice of crackers. I feel like porous crackers cook a little bit more quickly than nonporous firecrackers.

5. you said you smoke more often then you eat? im just wondering how much tolerance effects the edibles, I am getting some bud in bulk soon and I plan on making butter but my tolerance is through the roof

6. Yeah I smoke everyday at least once or twice. Tolerance doesn't really matter, I'm being honest. It was a DIME hahahaa, I was so fucking baked. Real for real though, if you're worried about your tolerance being too high, just eat a lot :smoke:

I think the reason why tolerance to edibles is different than smoking is because you are getting every bit of THC that is on that ground up bud.

7. I am definitely using Graham Crackers next. Should I decarboxylate the bud? How do I do that? And what does it do?

8. yeah, the few times I've tried making firecrackers w. dank it didn't work but im getting shittier bud in bulk so I wanted to try making butter

9. Follow Fumar Verde's guide and I promise it will work. Start out with Firecrackers if your edibles have never worked. They're super easy and don't take a lot of bud.

10. Decarboxylating the bud is basically turning any THCA in the bud into THC for a more full and potent extraction. This can be done by breaking big nugs into smaller nugs [nugs about the size of nickels], lining a baking sheet with tin foil, placing the bud on the sheet, and heating in the oven at 225F for 20 minutes or 325F for 5 minutes.

There is also a microwaving method, I havent tried it yet, but I've heard 2 intervals of 1 minute 30 seconds, with a 20 second cool down in between them works well.