My SD Blue Rhino. Have you seen one soo small?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Vicarious87, Jun 5, 2012.

1. #1 Vicarious87, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
    check out my super deformed Blue Rhino from seed, I dunno what went wrong, when the seed popped the taproot didnt want to burrow down into the happy frog soil. I wanted to see what would happen so I dipped it in some rooting hormone (IB3A or something like that) and set it to grow in the littel gram medicine bottle.

Let me know what you all think! How much do you think it will yeild and when should I throw it into flower? Its 3 weeks old. Ive had it under 140 actual watts of CFL, my other seedlings the same age are doing WAY better.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. i think it is a combo of the soil and the pot. I to just started my second seedling in some happy frog soil and it has been a month and still has not got any true leaves. i gave up on it but i am gonna wait and see what happens. also how big is the pot? it needs to be much bigger if you are looking for any big yeilds or plants

3. The 'pot' is a small pill bottle that I got a gram of my medical marijuana in. lol I thought that this micro grow section was the right area for this super micro grow, lol. Im thinking of building a custom grow-cab for it soon, 6"x6"x15" w/ one 65w CFL for lighting an two 1.5"x1.5" processor cooling fans. Going to transplant into 12oz pot with 70/20/10 soilmix of HappyFrog/Ocean Forest/Perlite. going to feed only organic teas. Started feeding with Grow More cold press kelp extract and neptunes fish emulsion.

4. its grown another 1/4 inch. bump post progress in a week w/ pics.

5. Thats tiny and very cool its in that tiny bottle!

6. Picture update, its kinda blowing up every day with new growth.

[​IMG]

7. Damn a pill bottle That's new !

8. Wait if that's a pill bottle.. How small is that plant?! Lol!

9. yeah so tiny, ive seen shot glass grows but never a pill bottle, nice little plant to toy with eh, i might try something like this along with my plant next time

10. [quote name='"JayMull420"']yeah so tiny, ive seen shot glass grows but never a pill bottle, nice little plant to toy with eh, i might try something like this along with my plant next time[/quote]

It's kinda cute now that I think about lmfao, but hey that little thing could produce a gram or two, great for an afternoon smoke ;)

11. Yeah man, i seen a contest on another forum for shot glass grows, a whole bunch of top growers competed for the highest yield out of a 1 oz shotglass

It was neat id say this little girl would produce a nice couple g. cant wait to see how she turns out

12. How did they make drainage holes in a glass? Just out of curiosity. :p

Edit: and what about the possibility of being root bound?

EDIT: forget the possibility, wtf happens why it gets root bound?! Lmfao!

13. Well i know it didnt need to be a glass just needed to be 1 oz, but im not sure because i seen a couple in glass.

And i got no idea how they werent rootbound either, probably were but i guess they survived through flower since they didnt have to veg for very long at all im assuming

14. [quote name='"JayMull420"']Well i know it didnt need to be a glass just needed to be 1 oz, but im not sure because i seen a couple in glass.

And i got no idea how they werent rootbound either, probably were but i guess they survived through flower since they didnt have to veg for very long at all im assuming[/quote]

Lmfao they probably put them on 12/12 from seed to harvest :p or would that work.. Cause I mean if the plant doesn't know what it's like to be on 24 or 18/6 then.. Well it wouldn't know that "the seasons are changing" and it needs to flower. Fuck my life I'm going to pick up a pack of red solo shot glasses and pop myself a seed. If I don't, this will haunt me forever.

15. Haha yeah i just thought about it as well actually, I have a small micro grow room that im going to be putting into flower very soon. Have to do some research to see if 12/12 from seed will work, itd be pretty cool if so, if you do try man let me know and let me know how it goes

16. You thought I was joking? Lmfao I'm already half way to the dollar store! :p

17. already on the way, lots of initiative eh, lol hope she goes well for both of you guyys

18. Thanks alot bud, I wanna see how this goes! :p
    Got five seeds that've actually been germinating since yesterday!

19. I am going to be keeping an eye on this one for sure, this has got to be the smallest attempted grow ever.. I just spent the last hour reading the party cup challenge then I saw this. It will be interesting to see the results thats for sure!

20. #20 Vicarious87, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
    Hey there fellow blades, a litle picture update on my SD grow! She is a little beauty!!!!

I havent been keeping track of its actual age, but the other plants int he pic where planted at the same time (seeds popped like 4 days apart)

She is smelling like a little dank dugget already, im soo stoked. I hope I can get a full dry gram or two out of this plant.

Thanks to all you guys keepin track. The plant started small from seed, and didnt want to grow a long taproot, so I dipped it fully into some rooting hormone. wa'lla

Im kinda pissed, I was supposed to transplant the little red pots in the larger grow bags, but they fucked my check and it still hasnt arrived. Im getting desparate, I think they are already rootlocked in those containers X_X

Attached Files: