My school district is starting drug testing for nearly everything

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by gimmeaporsche, Aug 19, 2010.

1. If you do any extracurricular activity or drive to school you will have to be drug tested now. It is bullshit. I am just glad that I am done with school.

There is a poll online asking people whether or not they should be allowed to drug test like that. Go check out the story and vote no at the same time. Houston News - KIAH

2. This is ridiculous how much they do to test if you have smoked weed in the past month.

3. #3 RooRshack, Aug 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2010
    If you drive to school?

I see the excuses they would use for that, but your mode of transportation is far beyond the scope of their reasonable (if any) drug testing powers. Though I suppose the solution might be to park off campus, which should be done anyway, just as a "fuck you" to vehicle searches/dog runs.

Ahhh.... I love your news source. They totally fail at grammar, sentence and paragraph structure, and flow. But they ARE very good at finding very naive douchebaggish students to interview.

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-energy-drink-ban-story,0,5942260.story

4. I think everyone in that school, all the sport stars, everyone should smoke and get caught three times or so with it in their system, then when half the school and all of the good students are missing from their Extracuricular acitivites, they will realise they made a mistake, and that smoking weed doesn't make you a bad person, judging by the star athletes and smartest kids smoking.

5. Not to mention the teachers...teachers smoke weed too I'm sure. Would be interesting if more teachers failed the tests than students.

I know my younger cousins in Houston are pissed at this :D

6. alright kiddies jsut start using meth! thats out of your system in 3 days.

and if you think i'm joking lets see if the usage of hard drugs doesnt skyrockets.

this is getting out of control. the hypocracy needs to end. legalize it!

7. Go in and start bragging about how meth and inhalants are the way to go now that schools are drug testing for weed. See if the staff gets the point ;) Remember to talk loudly.

They need to understand that drug tests and prohibition are the gateway drug.

8. id take the drugtests... and fail.. and ask em wtf they gunna do about it:smoke: nothing illegal with failing drugtests

9. Voted no on there.

Its ridiculous what they are trying to get away with, I dont care if its elementary school or pre-school even. Its an invasion of privacy and is not doing jack shit except making people who smoke, not able to participate. What happens at home should not be a part of what happens at school.

The funny thing is.....is that when marijuana is legalized....the money that is going to be made from the taxes....is going right to that fucking school.

10. You should check out my thread in General titled, Testing in High Schools. I just went through this with my oldest daughter. I refused to sign the slip. Then the school tried to make my daughter sign it by threatening her with detention every day until she did sign it. Then they called me, and I let'em have it.

11. I voted.

What a bunch a bullshit.

12. LOL, for real

LD50 of caffeine: 192 mg/kg
    that means you'd need about 10 000 mg, or ten grams of caffeine for a lethal dose for most people
    one ounce: 28 000 mg
    fail

13. lmao....my old HS did random drug testing for any extracurricular activity you did. sports/clubs/parking pass. random breathalyzers at all school dances. we tested 20 kids randomly each week. and if you got caught at a party with any drugs/alc, you lost 25% of your sports season and had to do 20 hours of community service to ever do another extracurricular. 50% if you were actually caught drinking.

and this year, you can't wear backpacks at school.

oh yea, and teachers don't get tested. only students ofcourse.

14. lol, if they did this at my old high school, half of the debate team that went to nationals (including me) would have been disqualified; at least 25% of the football, basketball, golf, tennis, soccer, and baseball team would have been disqualified, and probably around 25% of the people who could drive to school and park on school grounds would have been turned away.

As soon as that happened, you bet the school would have repealed the drug testing, since they make a pretty good ammount of money through sportig events and parking passes.

15. They couldn't do this at my school, and they know it. That's why a lot of people think they didn't do it. There's another school in my area that does. At least 70% of students or more at my school smoke pot. 95% of the football team smokes pot. Our school would be deserted

I feel super sorry for anyone going to that school

16. lol only in texas... and other backwards hick states. no offense intended just my beliefs :(

17. Yea, what do they do if you fail drugtesting? arrest you?

18. this is very true. the reason i did Ecstacy the first time was actually because i was getting tested and i knew itd clear my system in a dew days. it sucks how the harmless drug stays in your system for so much longer than hard drugs.

19. lol its true, only states that do things the old fashion way pull this shit