My Roor: Fake or Not?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Skurr, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Bought this baby for $150 at the local head shop. The thing that really makes me think this is fake is how thin the glass is. When it broke the joint was roughly 2mm thick! Thats ridiculously thin and the reason why it broke. Can anyone tell by these pics if its fake or not?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. That's a real 3.2mm ROOR. 2mm for the joint sounds about right. All those good things you've heard about ROOR probably originated before ROOR started mass producing 3.2mm tubes.

Imo they should just stick to what they do best and stop offering a budget line altogether... it only leads to situations like this that tarnish their name.

3. Well they had to appeal to the people not wanting to spend $500 on a bong. Next purchase is going to be a 7mm ROOR.

4. #4 sinsemillaplease, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
    Unless you strictly want a ROOR or a special feature that only ROOR offers (like flame polish logo), I wouldn't choose them for a plain 7mm tube purchase. They make a good one for sure but US Tubes does it cheaper and thicker. EDIT: Scratch that.... unless your local shop is gouging, ROOR and US Tubes 7mm tubes should be really close in price. Is it just me or are US tubes prices creeping up?

With most tube companies, you can expect 7mm to mean 6 something if you were to break out a set of calipers. With US Tubes 7mm probably means 7mm+ and 9mm means the base will have at least a full centimeter of glass. Most importantly... NOBODY in the industry fucks with a US tubes joint.

5. I need to find a head shop that sells US Tubes, I'm yet to see the three near me own any. Any chance you know of any websites that sell them that aren't knock-offs?

6. I wouldn't worry about US Tubes knock-offs.

The one place that sells them is private

7. Soooo any chance I can get a link in a PM? :D

8. Yeah but I hope you're in no rush. I would guess it's taking BF longer to go through his emails than ever before.

US Tubes hasn't reached most of the nation yet. Because of their limited availability I throw them in with the boutique-type brands. Full blown production shops that can't fill their demand...or just don't want to... SG, TORO, US Tubes, Wicked Sands, etc.

9. can I get a pm too on where to get us tubes? :p

10. Hit me up with that link too :D