my roommate

Discussion in 'General' started by Hello there!, Jun 17, 2011.

1. My roommate is the same age as me, recently turned 20. The difference is that she has an addiction to being not sober. She's used mulltiple drugs, from weed to opana. Her bf lives with her, and is the typical sleazeball manipulator who tricks her. My other roommate and I, who is a 35 year old recovering alcoholic himself, have been against this guy from the beginning. I REALLY understand is a complete sleazeball. I finally got the chance to talk to her about it tonight when he left because she's talking to him right now, I thought they went to sleep and I had an effect on her but idk... He really is a master manipulator. We tried to get her to see the truth tonight but idk,,,, it's 5am and no word from them yet, I'm waiting because I REALLY don't trust him..but I'm afraid he's manipulating her still... Idk what to do!!!! Any help is appreciated bades.. I'm not afraid of any actions, I just don't know what to do to help her get rid of him!

2. I told her earllier I would back up whatever decisioon she made, and I'll stick to that, but I refuse to live in the same apt as him because I hAve
    a fairly good call on people's true self and he is NOT trustworthy.......

3. punch him in the face, then shout "SIT DOWN!!"

4. Sounds like you gotta thing for her.

But forreal get rid of him if you have to.

5. well, it sounds like you need to mind your own business!! and the business at hand for you, is to move out, or move her out! do me a favor, and look back at your past relationships. are the women you're involved with in need of rescuing? you may be the one with the problem. you may have a "hero/rescuer" complex/issue.

6. This has been something I've considered before. I don't think this is the case now, because both my other roommate and I feel the same way about this guy. I won't rule the possibility out, it may honestly be the big thing for both of us, but I also think the guy is bad news. He tries to indirectly insert himself into anything that's good. I can see how his parents raised him from what he says about them, and at least to shane (my other roommate) and I, he's a manipulator who's good with his words. He's especially effective on her because of her addiction to not being sober..

7. dude if they want to stay together there is just two ways... you or her move out!

8. I know you'r just trying to help, and I appreciate it, but I promise you, at least in thise case, I don't have a hero complex. This may be true for my relationship with my other roommate, but not for ceara. I am legitimately worried about her well-being, because chris (her bf) is a lying cheat. He"s lied to me, shane, and ceara. He tries to be the communication center between all of us so that he can control what goes on between us, but it's not his business, he doesn't pitch anything in for our apt. He's a mooch, ourlandlord agrees with this, here's not one good thing about him that anyone who knows him can say. He screwed a friend he's had for yeeears over over out of $2000... He's just bad news...h

9. So the girl is your roommate... does her bf pay a share of rent? If not, tell him to GTFO if you don't like him.

As far as her relationship, that's not really your business.

10. Why would someone untrustworthy living in your house not be your business? Shhh...

Anyway, good luck with everything man, I hope it works out. Seeing how your other roommate doesn't trust him either maybe have him back you up when you go talk to her, you HAVE to feel comfortable in your own house, I'd move out if she wont budge. Again, Good luck!