My Road To Being A Philosopher

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by rawtunes, Mar 14, 2009.

1. #1 rawtunes, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
    about 6 months ago I started writing down quotes I come up with through out my day

Im going to post a few here let me know what you guys think (and please dont steal them Im planning on getting like 300 and trying to get them published in some little book of sayings)

Im going for an inspirational live life vibe and also avoiding anything religious and leaning towards our natural human/animal instincts and denouncing societal influences and pressures

____________________________________________________________________________________

"Your emotions are what you make them"

"Dont ask whats normal, ask whats you"

"The easiest way to get something is to act like you already have it"

"The key to growth is stability, you cant build on a weak foundation"

"Life is just a string of moments, so the only way to live life is in the moment"

"The easiest way to get something is to act like you already have it"

"Its only a crime if you get caught, otherwise its just survival"

"Crime is the result of two things, our natural instincts for survival and greed"

"You can never not learn"

"If your world feels like its spinning out of control, spin with it and embrace the chaos. Chaos is all relative."

"The one thing every human being on this planet has in common is that we have nothing but time on our hands. We differintiate ourselves by how we use the time."

____________________________________________________________________________________

New 3/14

“Every decision we make is based on our emotions, we simply use logic to justify that decision”

“You can’t control your thoughts, only guide them”

“There’s nothing wrong with failing, the problem is failing twice without changing your methods”

“Emotions flood our thoughts but don’t let them drown you”

“Our experiences don’t define who we are, how we handle them does”

“It’s not what you have its how you feel”

“Negativity is all relative”

“Controlling your thoughts allows you to control your emotions”

“Positive Thoughts=Positive Actions=Positive Feelings”

“Attract friends with fakeness and you’ll attract fake friends, attract friends with the real you and you’ll attract real friends”

“Running from your problems only works until you get tired and can’t run anymore”

“Arguing only leads to hostility, discussion leads to understanding and results”

“Don’t try and measure your success by where you are, measure it by where you were”

New 3/16

Which one do you like best of these 3?

1) "Emotions are like soda, they tend to fade out with time"

2) "Emotions are like soda, they tend to become less intense with time"

3) "Emotions are like soda, they become flat with time"

New 3/16

“The farther down we fall, the higher we can eventually rise”

“What you want is easier caught with bait then a chase”

“Pursue your dreams, don’t chase them”

“The people we surround ourselves with either lead us to greatness or corruption”\t

let me know if you guys like these and what kinds of thoughts they provoke if any

If you guys like these subscribe to this thread Im going to keep updating it when I think of new ones
    I really appreciate the feedback

2. "The easiest way to get something is to act like you already have it"

Probably the most agreeable one out of them.

3. yea i like that one

good luck with the book man

4. man I just cranked out a ton of other sayings tonight
    and they keep getting better too

5. wow
    these are really good!

post some more?

6. Im glad you like them, I just added some of the ones I came up with tonight
    Im going to keep posting them in the thread as I come up with new ones

7. i like all of these man, great job. too many to quote:hello:

8. #8 Miklelottesen, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009

I have to say that I disagree with that. My childhood was crappy like hell but my life is stable now. I like to think of it this way, that I realised that the foundation was weak, so I just left it and build my house somewhere else..

But I love the rest of them :)

9. cool, cool

i'll try to check in every now and then for a few days so see how far you get

10. that foundation was weak, so you moved to where it was stable
    you realized you couldnt build your life where you were as a person so you corrected it
    stabilized yourself, and now your solid

11. If I had to sum the basic theme of your quotations up, I'd describe it as "rationalizing duality".

12. "We have yet to learn, that the thing uttered in words is not therefore affirmed. It must affirm itself, or no forms of logic or of oath can give it evidence. The sentence must also contain its own apology for being spoken."
    Emerson

13. "Crime is the result of two things, our natural instinct for survival and greed."

Uh- Do you mean crime as in thievery and fraud?
    Because saying that tends to leave out crimes of passion and emotionally-tormented crimes (Such as a school shooter).

14. yeah some of these need some work, but Im open to suggestions

maybe it should be

"Crime is a result of two things, Passion and Greed"

in the case of the school shooter, its not at all justified but it comes from his emotions and hatred which can be a form of passion

15. All creatures are innately philosophers, some humans just proclaim it.

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed every one of those, not one do I disagree with, which is a rare opinion for me to have. Do keep writing.:D

16. #16 Budwisesir, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
    Crime is a result of two things, freedom and lost hope.

Amirite? ;)

Feel free to take that quote for your own if you like it enough.

17. very much appreciated

18. Budwisesir I like that crime saying