My pre grow run through (1st grow)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jcs9MM, Jun 11, 2009.

1. #1 Jcs9MM, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
    (If you view it please drop a quick post, any advice will help greatly) :D

ODOR QUESTION: I've got my box right next to my window in my room which is on the second level of my house. now if i have an exhaust fan with a tub that goes out the window will that be enough to control the odor. or should i just make a DIY odor scrubber? I dont want my mom to know im growing. But if i get caught all she'll do is make me trash it so its not that big a deal.

Well, im gonna start my first grow here in a week or two and wanted some input on wat yall think about this. first off lemme say im not going for a massive yield nor care that much. just my first grow and wanna get the experience before i go for good yields and use good seeds. but heres my list and plan. I will be growing just one plant from bagseed and not sure if ill lst it or not.

soil: kellogg's brand soil from lowes ( all natural with added organic nutrients, worm castings, kelp meal, bat guano and chicken meal. ( ill add perlite myself for root growth)

lights: 3 cfl's (6500ks for veg, 2700ks for flowering)
    - should i mix spectrums(2 6500k 1 2700k for veg, and the opposite for flower?

Box: idk the box size but i have a picture here of wat im using. BOX (the bottom left box, i have 3 stacked on top of each other)
    ill have it on a schedule of 24/0 for 3-4 weeks then set the lights into 12/12. im doin this to keep my plant small cause i dont have a big enough space to grow in right now.

Ventilation: just a fan i bought at wal-mart for cheap. intake fan at bottom. dont know if i want an exhaust fan at the top or just some hole to leak heat air out. the box is fully sealed so it should work with holes im hoping.

prob. wont give it nutes until it starts flowering stage and itll just be basic MG nuts. i know alot of people dont like MG products but its cheap nutes that i can find local.

again this is just gonna be my first grow so keeping it simple. Ill go big once i have the experience so i dont waste time or money.

so what do yall think?

once i get the box how i want ill start to germinate the seeds and start a journal to keep up with progress.

2. any advice for a first timer would be greatly appreciated,

3. any help? could use any advice for a first time grow.

4. Fine, let us know how things pan out. Have you ventilation and fans for you grow area?

5. thanks for the post. and yes i am workin on the ventalation now. gonna have an intake fan at the bottom to pull in cool air. and not sure if i want an exhaust fan or just some exhaust holes near the top for the hot air to leak out of. fyi my box is 3 of the small rubbermaids stacked on top of each other. LINK OF BOX, (the bottom left is the size box im using 3 stacked ontop of each other)

6. WOW. thanks hopefully it'll do the trick

7. #1 Advice for beginners= Do not grow in someone else house without them knowing/ permission. You will get caught 99.9% of the time.

When you do get caught, you better hope it's by your parents and not law enforcement. Because then your parents are in a world of shit.

Good luck.

8. ya i figured that. and i think only a plant or two. and not ordering anything directly to the house im growing in will help keep tha fuzz away. plus im telling nobody. not even my closest friends. and like i said my mom wont get pissed if she finds it. she'll just make me get rid of it. i plan on telling her anyways. so its all good man

9. I would say sound advice from KOOPA, besides the bagseed will barely even smell until the 2nd week of flowering or so. (i say that but there are a lot of depending factors because bag seed can be good genetics polluted by a mistake or a hermie.) Either way good luck here and dont grow it too tall. if your looking for a quicker grow experience keep your fan on keep the lights close and dont veg to much over 2 weeks.

heres some notes from mine that will help ya get started and at least give you some research topics.

____________________________________________________________________________________

For soil,
    -> Fox Farm’s Ocean Forest mixed with perlite (4 parts soil to 1 part perlite).

Nutrients ( use at 1/2 the recommended dosage for all nutes )

Vegging
    -> Fox Farm’s Grow Big (6-4-4) during vegetative growth and

Flowering
    -> Fox Farm’s Tiger Bloom (2-8-4) for flowering.

Dont forget to *TOP* after the 3rd or 4th leaf set. <<-- i would say dont do this on your first crop but your welcome to try it, maybe just do one plant.

CFLS and Floros need to be VERY VERY close to plants to prevent stretching ( within 2")

CFL'S ( dont use anything under 19W actual )
    -> Soft White (color temperature 2700k) - Flowering
    -> Daylight (color temperature 6500k) - Vegetative
    --> This applies to tubes too. Around 6500k for veg, around 2700k for flower.

Keep fan on the plants the whole time during VEG to make them short and bushy (after the first set of real leaves come in.)

*1-2 weeks in VEG MAX*
    *flowering can take anywhere from 6-8 weeks*

Harvesting
    -> drying should be between 5-10 days, or when the stem snaps/crackles vs bending.
    -> temps 60F-75F
    -> Humidity 30-40%,
    --> cooler temps will let them dry slower & will give you tighter/denser buds
    vs fluffy/airy buds
    ---> curing can take up to 8 weeks but good results can be had in 2 weeks.